calc element no longer works

porlhews

In fabrik 3.0, I used a calc element with the following code:

Code:
$user =& JFactory::getUser();
return $user->get('email');

It worked perfectly - it's job was to always provide me with the email address of the current user; even if they weren't the person who originally created the form.

I'm now using fabrik 3.3.2 on joomla 3.3.1 with PHP 5.5.26 and this code no longer works.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for your help, unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. The console now says:

Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add element "jos___email" because it does not exist in HTML.

Any ideas?

Are you using a custom template?

Aside from the console error, (which is just JS errors), what is being displayed in your form? If you are using a custom template can you try a standard bootstrap one?

Hi,

I'm using 'gantry' by rocketheme - however when I switch to 'atomic' I see the same behaviour.

In the form - the label of the element is shown, but the space where the result of the calc is just empty.

Sorry I meant Fabrik template, are you using a standard one? If so which one.

I would also recommend performing a Github update if you haven't done so already.

Do you have ajax calculation enabled?
This may create a JS error if you don't use a bootstrap (BS2) Joomla template. Atomic is no Joomla3 template (it was in J!2.5).
Try with Protostar (the bootstrap one coming with Joomla3).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back