Can not manage to edit an original record in database properly

Boschung

I am not able to edit a record in the database properly. I keep running into dead ends. I defined a form that contains a database join rendered as dropdown with regions and a cascading dropdown to choose installed devices according the choice of regions. The purpose is to edit information about installed devices. autofill plugin does not work because the edit original record option does not work and a new record is created every time that i submit the form To avoid the autofill plugin, i use a button to redirect to the form using &rowid= with the value of the chosen device. The raw value of the cascading dropdown represents the primary key value from the database table that contains device information. Although i have accessed the form with &rowid=XX the cascading dropdown field is set to default ("please choose"). So i tried to access the page with &rowid=XX and list___cascadingDDfield_raw = XX. But when i save the edited data i get the raw value written to the database field instead of the label of the ccd element.

I'm kind of confused as to what you are trying to achieve?

The autofill plugin should only be used for very special/specific cases? What are you expecting it to achieve, and what settings do you have for it?

Can you point us at the page in question and make a video of what you are doing, as well please.

thanks
Rob

What Rob said. I've re-read your post 3 times, and still have no clear idea of what you are trying to do, or what you are using the autofill plugin for.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back