Cannot edit record anymore ??

Status right now - you broke the form - it is NOT working at all right now, and the list calculation on the element (id = 144) 'Bonusbel?b (kr.)' is not working for weeks 48,49,50 !

When I try to enter the form (front or backend) I get this error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/default_rounded/default.php on line 1

Please fix it !
I can't replicate any problem with default_rounded in backend/frontend, form and details view.
Are you sure you didn't fetch a corrupted zip or something went wrong during GitHub update?

I couldn't replicate locally but could see the bug on your site - I've re-uploaded the template files and its ok now
I've replied in your other thread regarding the calculation. Please keep to one issue per thread, as otherwise we end up having a conversation about a single issue over several threads, which is then difficult to follow. Sorry I now see this is the same thread, thanks for replying with the information I needed to reproduce the bug - I can now proceed to replicate and fix it

Well now the form is working again ??!! - did you edit and save the defauilt.php?? It happened while you where working on it. Also - on top of the calculation problem - i still cannot edit any records in the list Bonusskema??

yes I've looked at your data in phpmyadmin and the database table was missing a primary auto-incrementing key. As you had recorded data without that all the records were being recorded with the same primary key value of 0, making it impossible for you to reference the correct record when editing it.

I've had to write a custom script to reset the primary key value and re-create the primary key for this list.

Now you can edit the records and the calculation looks fine to me as well

Ok - thank you so far - I'm more relaxed now :) - But more than a week with this not working is not good. I am still worried though ! Does the form work now - is the autoincrement function working - and how come that it all of a sudden (propperbly after updating to 3.0.9) did not work - what happened - will this happen again?

I dare not to update anymore if this could happen again - do I really have to make a test site to test before updating on the live site - that is a lot of work!

Regards

Well it took us a long time to work out what had gone on. At some point Fabrik has unset the primary key on the list and subsequently entering data would populate the table with keys of with values of 0, as soon as you have 2 records with the same value, you can no longer re-set that field to be an auto-incrementing primary key.

I can only presume it is a user interaction that caused the loss of the primary key setting in the first place, I've not heard/seen other cases when the code itself does this.
The auto-increment feature in fabrik itself is very robust - it doesn't fail as long as the list's primary key option is kept on.

Yes you really should always have a test site - this is not a lot of work, use akebackup its a simple and effective way to manage site back ups and restores. At the very very very least you should use it to create a backup of your site before you update anything - again this is fairly simple and will give you the security in knowing that any update you make to your site is completely reversable. I myself have recently used this to revert corrupt updates to several Joomla 3.2 sites, without the backup I would have had angry clients screaming that their site was down. As it was the restore meant the site was down for a very short time, and I could resolve the issues calmly without disrupting my clients business.

But what I really don't understand is - how could the id be set under the list settings and then still not work ?? I am the only one who has access to backend - only thing i have done the last two weeks is make a copy of the list, with a new name, and afterwards delete that copy again - i have NOT tampered with the id-setting!

I take backup every night automatically - the problem is that people enter data all the time, so i cannot revert without loss of data - so I will have to copy the site to another domain to test - but well - that must be the way then.

But what I really don't understand is - how could the id be set under the list settings and then still not work ?
That was related to the error you were seeing when saving the list (can't remember exactly what the wording was - but its along the lines of Fabrik not being able to set the primary key)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back