Can't submit form after creating DB join

JackGoa

Hi, I'm joining two tables.
A riders table and event entries table.

My forms work absolutely fine, until the minute I join them, then my entries form won't submit anymore. I just get an error telling me, some form parts were not filled in correctly.

I've looked at the source, my one hidden field is filled in with the user data as expected, so I cannot understand why a database join would prevent a form from submitting correctly? Tearing my hair out here. The last step in a big project :(

Latest Joomla 3.4.1, uploaded latest build of Fabrik 3.3.2 this morning.

Yes I do.

I just rebuilt the entire second form twice (can't rebuild the first one as it contains a lot of data already) and still the same issue.

*edit
what would happen if I switch off validation for all the elements in the [joined group]?

**edit
i just switched on the [joined group] so i can see what is failing. basically, it should be prefilled with the logged in user's data, but it's not prefilled and all those fields aren't validating....
don't know how to work around this?

well, the form i'm linking to does not need any pre-filling. i've figured out a way around this by unpublishing all the [join grouped elements].
then i ran into a problem where had to have at least the firstname and lastname published for my list 'view data', but i figured out i must unlink those elements and then simply remove the validations.

the one and only gripe i have now, but the client is impatient and it's going live as is anyway, every time a user enters an event, blank records are also being saved in the main riders list. is this preventable?

FYI, i tried to make this a one-to-one relationship at first, but i just ran into too many problems and eventually just went the normal one-to-many relationship root.

unpublishing all the [join grouped elements].
id element must be published.
Empty entries:
I assume your joined group is a repeat group? Set Repeat min =0

yes i noticed i can't unpublish it anyway, fabrik does not allow me.

it's not a repeat group. my riders list/table is an existing list. the entries table is a list i created for an event. in the entries table i have added a user id field. i did this manually as i thought the user plugin might be the issue, either way the correct id gets saved anyway. so i'm joining on that id field. each rider can only enter once obviously and one entry can also only belong to one rider.

so, the for giving the issue is the entry form. all it asks is category, and two tickboxes with the hidden user_id field. it works now after i played around with unpublishing, etc, with the only drawback that i am getting blank records saved in the riders list with every entry.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back