Change table names

Wester

I have a Fabrik app that was using a separate database from Joomla.
For various reasons (Web hotel only allows one database) I had to merge this database into the Joomla database.

I added a prefix to each table name (eg. old table name members to new table name fab_members) and exported/imported the tables to the Joomla database.

When I go to the Fabrik lists I cant seem to be able to change the database or table name for a Fabrik list to point to the new database/table.

Am I looking in the wrong place or do I have to redo everything for the new database/table?

Thanks in advance for the help

Wester.

Have you been into the Fabrik Connections tab and reset the connection to the 'new' database?

If you have changed the actual database that is being used you will have to change the connection details...

Yes, I now have the new database in the connection. I works fine, but I can not change database/table on an old list which originally had the old database. I can of course create a new list with identical function as the old one but to do this for all the old lists seem as a very unnecessary effort.

G?ran

There is currently no way of changing the table name for an existing Fabrik List.

You can try editing our #__fabrik_lists metadata table by hand, in something like phpMyAdmin. Find the list ID you need to modify, and change the db_table_name and db_primary_key, and possibly the order_by and group_by fields, or anywhere else you see in that row that mentions the table name.

BUT ... i would recommend backing up your database first, and be prepared to restore to your backup, in case there are other places where we store the table name ... like (off the top of my head) in any join elements that reference that table, or in any list join settings, etc.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh!

I will give this a shot. As it seems a bit risky, I will set up a totally separate Joomla/Fabrik site on an inhouse server for experimentation. I have been planning to do this for a while anyway.

Best Regards
G?ran Wester

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back