change the text of the validation

Very good days...
it is possible to change the text or language of the validation comments ...
I searched and searched the database of fabrik and joomla ... and I can not find it.
I have also searched for the wifi fabrik and nothing.
Thanks for the help!
Alberto

Yes - well for most if not all of them anyway.

Go to Element / Validation and look for a field marked "Error message" or something similar. (I took this from the notempty validation, but they should all have something similar.)

Note: It is on my list of things to do to update all the validation plugins to provide more informative error messages rather than just an uninformative "Validation failed". I have submitted a PR for the islessthanorgreaterthan which does this (i.e. the default error message says something like "This value must be < 10" or "This value must be < the value of the 'subtotal' field."). If you fancy contributing to Fabrik by doing this for other plugins, that would be very helpful.

Yes - well for most if not all of them anyway.

Go to Element / Validation and look for a field marked "Error message" or something similar. (I took this from the notempty validation, but they should all have something similar.)

Note: It is on my list of things to do to update all the validation plugins to provide more informative error messages rather than just an uninformative "Validation failed". I have submitted a PR for the islessthanorgreaterthan which does this (i.e. the default error message says something like "This value must be < 10" or "This value must be < the value of the 'subtotal' field."). If you fancy contributing to Fabrik by doing this for other plugins, that would be very helpful.
good.
I'm not talking about error messages.
I talk about informative messages ...
attached image.

I think it can be interesting, help wiki forum ...
we'll talk about it shortly ... but you have to know, I've been with Fabrik for a short time.
yes ... every day that passes, I like it more!
Thank you

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-7_9-42-32.png
    upload_2018-2-7_9-42-32.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 64
  • changelanguage.jpg
    changelanguage.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 58
Are you mean the tooltips. Yes - you can change this using the Tool tip box on the element validations screen.

But again, the default text in these boxes can be improved - my isgreaterorlessthan PR puts the same intelligent message in the tooltip too.

Excuse me if I'm a little insistent ...
it is possible to change the informative text title.
attached image...
thanks!!!:):):)
upload_2018-2-7_10-43-6.png

It will be in /plugins/fabrik_validations/validation-name/languages/your-language.

If you want to change it permanently for everyone, please submit a PR to change it in the language file. If you just want to override it for your own site you can use Joomla's Language override feature in Extensions / Languages / Overrides.

Excuse my clumsiness ...
but you can not see the text "Validaci?n" underlined in the red color image ... which is the title or header of the informative text.
I searched the file es-ES.plg_fabrik_validationrule_isemail.ini and file es-ES.plg_fabrik_validationrule_isemail.sys.ini in the / plugins / fabrik_validationrule / isemail / languages / en-ES directory.
attached image.magen
Could it be that the text "validaci?n" is in some registry of the database?
thank you again
index.php

Sorry - I should have read your question more carefully.

/administrator/components/com_fabrik/language/es-ES/es-ES.com_fabrik.ini

You should be able to override that string in J!'s normal language overrides, once you know the slug it uses (COM_FABRIK_SOMETHING), which you'll see in that language file.

-- hugh

I'm trying to get some changes to tooltips to allow dynamic changes to the width
Here's some code I will put in the Wiki if that is done. (It should work even without my changes)

JavaScript:
    /* This would be the javascript for changing the '.fabrikTip' tooltips
     *  in all elements  in a form that is using the bootstrap template.
     *  Include this code inside the requirejs(['fab/fabrik'], function ()
     *  in the form_xx,js file
     */

jQuery("div.fabrikElementContainer").each( function(){

// Initialize vars - set default options used for all matching objects
        var title = "Tip Title"; // the tip heading
        var content = "Click to continue"; // the tip content
        var maxwidth = 276 // default popover width
        var pos = "top"; // use "top" or "bottom"   

// Change options for certain objects
        if (jQuery(this).hasClass("fb_el_tablename___elementame")){
            title = "Other Tip Title";
            // The easiest way to edit the content is to use Chrome Developer Tools and cut and  paste the html
            // contents of the popover (inside the div.popover-content) here. Then edit the verbiage as desired.
            // Or you can just write your own - no html tags are really needed.
            content = '<ul class="validation-notices" style="list-style:none"><li><i data-isicon="true" class="icon-question-sign "></i> Enter the full name of the Org/Facility</li></ul>';
            maxwidth = 287;         
        }     

// Add a watch event that will show the tip using the options specified     
        jQuery(this).find("label.fabrikTip").mouseenter(function(el) {
            jQuery("div.popover").css("max-width",maxwidth+"px");
            jQuery("div.popover h3").text(title);
            jQuery("div.popover-content").html(content);

// this can be used to reposition the popover should the
            // height change because of a change in the width.
            var position = jQuery(el.currentTarget).offset();
            var newpos =  position.top - (jQuery("div.popover-content").outerHeight() + 40);
            jQuery("div.popover").css("top",newpos+"px")
        });

});

Last edited:
I was trying to hide the tooltip "Validation" heading.
I was able to do it using the info provided in this thread, so I thought I'd share.

You should be able to override that string in J!'s normal language overrides, once you know the slug it uses (COM_FABRIK_SOMETHING), which you'll see in that language file.

-- hugh
The slug is COM_FABRIK_VALIDATION.

Overriding the value with nothing worked very well.
Now both the heading and its grey container are gone, which is exactly what I wanted!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back