Clear filters and "loading" message in IE8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindog

Is it normal that in IE8, then I press "clear filters", screen fades out and appears "loading" message for short time? It's a little confusing, because then "loading" screen disappear, it looks like now we can work with table and filters (all clickable), but real loading just begins. This not happens in other browsers.

Joomla 2.26
Fabrik 3.0.5-958
Test site: http://www.gorod-dudinka.ru/fabriktest/

Yes, AJAX ?? off by default. With AJAX turned on loading screen working as expected. The question is why loading screen appears in IE when AJAX is off?

I just noticed, loading screen also appears on pressing "Go" button in filters.
Test site updated to 3.0.5-997.

Hmmmm. I'm not sure why it's showing in IE8 and not other browsers, as the same code is running, which starts the loader screen, regardless of browser. Which is in the submit() method in our list.js, so it gets run for (pretty much) anything that cause the list to reload.

I guess we could move where the loader start/stop happens, so it only gets run if AJAX is enabled. But I'll leave that to Rob, don't know if he had a specific reason for doing it the way we currently do it, which is to show the loader at the start of the submit handling, regardless of AJAX status.

-- hugh

Well I think some people worried that there was not enough feedback when clicking on the filters / clear filters etc, hence why the loader was always shown.

We definitely don't want the loader to stop at the end, so I've removed that, and for now I've commented out the loader for normal non-ajax submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back