Conditional Formatting

jsnider

Hi,

I have logged some extensive hours on the forum here and I think I have gathered some general info about what I am trying to do, but not enough to get a final solution.

I am trying to change the format of text of an entire record in a table, based on the value of another element.

1) Is there any way to do this with CSS in the element properties?

2) If not, then it needs to be done through a template. Here is where I kind of dead - end. Maybe this is getting into too much PHP outside the scope of this forum...apologies if so. I am not sure how to modify the default row PHP file and/or Template CSS in order to achieve what I am looking for?

In advance, thank you So much! This would be very helpful to me.

And now another road block...seems to work great if your element's option(s) are only one word. Just put that in the CSS. But what if the element has spaces in it?

Example: status is "pending review"

In css file, if it were just pending, you could ".pending" But is there a way to have it recognize multiple words?

Once again, found a solution so please disregard previous question about multiple words.

For others reading, you can use a dash where the space is. For example, if the status field you have has written "Ready to Review" in the database, put ".Ready-to-Review" in the template.css file.

Yeah - the dashes definitely work. I am on a fairly outdated Fabrik version right now...planning an upgrade soon. Probably haven't updated since you guys made that change, but good to know when I switch over.

Thanks again for this feature. It is fantastic. Something I have been needing to add for a long time, but thought it was going to be too hard. This was a breeze once I figured it out.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back