Create a popup Search Form for returning a value to current input!

Dear All,
I am new to Fabrik but I feel so happy to work with this product indeed.
Fabrik has almost all I need for a community site that helps manage community's agricultural products.
However, I found a bit of problem as data is expanding so quickly. My Case is as following:

Input:
I have a 3 tables to manage administrative units around Vietnam
tblProvinces (ID, Name): for managing 64 provinces;
tblDistricts (ID, Province_Id, Name): for managing around 700 districts belonged to those provinces;
tblCommunes (ID, District_Id, Name): for managing around 14,000 communes belong to those previous districts; and
tblOrganisations (ID, Commune_Id, Name): for managing thousand of entities (government's bodies, enterprises, groups of household ...etc) belonged to each of commune said above;

Problems:
+ I created a list for Organisation that Left-Joined with Commune, district, province tables and forms, element created as well.
+ I would like the Commune_ID element has value to be searched using a Popup form (to be opened by clicking Select button nearby this element) with province drop-down, district and commune as cascading drop-downs (Of course this can be done also on the Organisation Form with cascading drop-down) so that the list of commune will not be loaded with thousand of records.
(see the attached picture, the Select button will popup a form and returns product id and name at the main form after closing the search fomr)

fabrik.jpg
However, I don't know how to deal with this matter!
Can you please extend some helps to me on this matter with thanks!
Thank you very much for your attention and I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon.
Dang Dinh Ngoc from Vietnam
Email: ngocdd(at)sfdp.net

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back