Create New List produces Error-404 and 406

MarkSkews

Hi,

I've just updated to Fabrik-fabrik-3.0b-402-gbae3adc.zip and now when I try to create a new List I loose my server connection. This was not happening two days ago

Everything else in Fabrik 3.0b seems to be working correctly. Just when I try to create a New list the disconnection happens.

Joomla 1.7.3

Best Regards

Mark Skews

yup think it was - at least ive fixed the issue on the other thread and now can't replicate this one, try updating from github and see if that fixes things

-Rob

Create New List still produces error

Hi Rob,

I've updated to the latest from GitHub - Fabrik-fabrik-3.0b-407-ga8baabd.zip but unfortunately Create New List still produces the error of disconnecting the session from the server.

Thanks,

Mark

Clearing Cache makes no difference

Hi troester,

I've cleared Joomla cache and I experience the same problem from various browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari).

Thanks,

Mark

Have you followed the procedure in read-me file updating from GITHUB. That is extension, purge-cache, discover and install the new plugins when first updating from GITHUB.

GitHub update procedure

Hi,

I usually follow the update procedure which the readme describes but that does not seem to have made any difference with the most recent update.

Thanks,

Mark

Fresh updates from GitHub - still no luck

Hi,

I attempted a fresh install of J! 1.7.3 and the latest from GitHub (Fabrik-fabrik-3.0b-442-g5a11560) but I still experience Error 406 when I try to create a New List and the session to the server gets disconnected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Site hosting

Hi,

The site is hosted at the following service provider:
www.hostingpalvelu.fi/

It seems that the firewall of the hosting provider has a problem with the Create New List function in F3. The hosting provider sent me mail to tell me that their firewall was blocking it.

I can access the Administrator portion of the site without any trouble, but as soon as I attempt the Create New List function I lose the connection to the server and eventually their firewall blocks the site completely.

Thanks,

Mark

Yep sounds like mod_security then.....

The should be able to change the settings for you.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Mod_Security Rules updates

Hi,

As a reasonable newbie to F3 where would I find what Mod_Security Rules need to be amended to get past this problem I am experiencing?

Thanks

Mark

Not really much on this link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ModSecurity

... but as it says it's an application firewall that will be run on your webserver.

This is something your web host company would set up on their servers.

The rules are normally setup globally for all sites running per server, which could be hundreds, but they should be able to override settings to enable your site to work.

Like all firewalls, logging will be involved. So your host should be able to see which firewall rule is causing the issue and change your settings to either remove or allow the rule.

Trouble resolved

Hi,

Updates to mod_security by the hosting provider resolved the trouble.

Thanks to all for you help.

Best Regards,

Mark

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back