.csv export - Loading 0 / records. saving to

jessedw

When attempting a .csv export from either the front end or back end, I get a pop up that says

"Loading
0 / records.
saving to"

And then nothing happens

Reading through the post it seems as if this has been an issue at times, and that sometimes its related to permissions. I can't seem to find the place to change any permissions? Or maybe this is a bug.

Thanks.
Using the latest github version, and joomla 2.5.6.

I'm referring to view data page.. of course
index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=list.view&listid=1

Using Firefox, and the console I get the following error, when hitting the export button.

mootools-core.js (line 503)
blank.gif
case"null":return"null";}return null;};JSON.decode=function(string,secure){if(!string||typeOf(string)!="string"){return null;}if(secure||JSON.secure){if(JSON.parse){return JSON.parse(string);

Using IE8 (not that I care about IE8), the list view page doesn't load at all

And the following errors are thrown

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
Line: 0
Char: 0
Code: 0
URI: http://ns.211.ca/form/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=list.view&listid=1

Line: 1809
Char: 3
URI: http://ns.211.ca/form/media/com_fabrik/js/lib/flexiejs/flexie.js

Line: 1259
Char: 3
URI: http://ns.211.ca/form/media/com_fabrik/js/list.js

bump

... is anyone else having trouble exporting records? I just updated to the latest github release and still I cannot export.

Thanks.

Jesse

this is on the backend. Reading through older posts, I saw that some people fixed the problem by enabling the ftp layer... that didn't work for me.

Aside from Fabrikar, and A rockettheme template, I have next to nothing else running on the site, and its also the latest joomla 2.5.6

Thanks!

I can't duplicate this at all. Exporting on the backend, and list display, works fine in FF, IE9 native, IE9 in compat mode, and Chrome.

Are you running a standard J admin template?

-- hugh

I am running the standard Joomla template. Maybe it has something to do with my data? And that there are repeating elements?

I will PM you the user/pass to the site.

Many thanks.

Can you find me on Skype ('cheesegrits') and give me the details there, so I can ask questions if I need to.

-- hugh

OK, for some reason, we'd gotten our element list undies in a bundle. Under the CSV options, there's an Element button, that lets you select which elements to export, if you don't want the user choosing them. Somehow, that list had gotten a blank entry in it, so Fabrik was trying to export just a single element, that didn't exist.

I added a couple of elements to that popup list, saved, tried an export, which worked. Then i removed them, so the list was empty again, and it now works, exporting all elements.

So ... one problem solved, and I'll just write that one down to "the wind was in the wrong direction" (aka "a phase of the moon bug").

But, we did uncover another bug, which is that if Fabrik thinks there are no rows to export, we are doing a 303 redirect, which doesn't work when responding to an AJAX call.

So I'm raising an issue on that for Rob to fix. The CSV code is above my pay grade.

-- hugh

I have the same problems exporting, but adding elements, permissions, and any other logic isn't working either. I tried everything except htaccess modification, which I'm not comfortable doing. Can I reach you on skype, aim or gtalk?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back