Custom EDIT URL in LIST not acting as expected

Iko

I want to add one parameter to the current EDIT Url that is used when clicking the edit item button in a list. I added "&arg=value" and it gets inserted after a bunch of other args, such as listid, etc., however rowid gets appended with a leading ? (question mark). It makes sense when you specify the entire URL and rowid is the first argument, but that's not the case here...

Is this a bug, or is the option exclusively meant for specifying full URLs...

It's intended for adding complete URL's, either relative or absolute.

If you need to add a query string arg to the standard edit url, you'll need to specify the full edit url that we'd usually use (just copy and paste), minus rowid, with your arg added.

-- hugh

That probably won't work because there are more variable arguments than just the rowid... but maybe not. I will check..

You can use placeholders. But off the top of my head, the only "unknown" is the rowid ... you know the formid, listid, the view type and the J! Itemid. Can't think of anything else you might need.

Also, remember you can use placeholders, including any query string args present on the URL when the list page is built. So if you have some kind of custom QS arg on your list page, like foo=whatever, you can use {foo} in your custom link, and it'll get replaced with 'whatever'.

-- hugh

good to know... thanks. Yes you are correct, all the other args are static per list and that works better than passing in code...

Thanks in advance to any and all for helping! This is my first attempt at creating a custom link and I am having troubles. I can't seem to figure out how to take the value of an element and have it substituted into the url. Is there a tutorial somewhere that I can reference?

Here is what I need to do: Table A and B are joined and the list comes up fine. When a user clicks on the row for a detail view, I need to place the value of a field (element) from Table B into the url.

example: http://www.mydomain.com/myfield where myfield is the value of the element.

Thanks again!

Still there... or back again...

Trying to do the same thing with the latest Github, but the problem seems to be back again. I cannot use a QS variable in a custom url.

I'm pretty sure this was working not so long ago...

Regards,

Remco

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back