Custom Fabrik List URL Stopped Working after Update

TGoodrich

Hi,

I have a external menu link to a Fabrik List which has been working as expected for several months now.. at least up until a recent update.

I am using a Fabrik List to display our towns minutes and agendas. One of the elements for this list is "year" which is hidden in the list but available in a filter. In other words I can filter my list by 2015, 2014, 2013, etc...

I am in the process of redesigning the site and have set up a staging site on my host server. I have recreated my agendas & minutes Fabrik List making sure all back-end settings are the same. I then recreated my menu items and this is where I am having a problem.

For my menu item i am using Joomla's "External URL" so that I can pre-filter the list by the year 2015. My Link to the Fabrik List is "index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=2&fabrik_list_filter_all_2_com_fabrik_2=2015".

When I try to use the menu link on the front-end I get a page error that says "500 Layout default not found".

I double checked everything comparing to the working site and found no differences. Just out of curiosity, without making any changes to the working site or the working Fabrik menu item I clicked save for the menu item and checked the front-end. After no changes and saving I now get the same above error on the site that was working. The only changes I have made is updating Fabrik to the current version.

Any idea why this menu link no-longer works? Does the above link look malformed?

I want to mention I am using a custom list view. In the views / list / tmpl folder I copied all files from the bootstrap folder and placed them in a folder named agendas_minutes where i made my overrides.

There has been a few Fabrik updates since I first created the overrides. After having this issue today I decided to check and see if any of the default Fabrik templates have changed compared to my override templates.

It appears there have been some changes, for example I have a file called "default_filter.php" in my override folder but no longer see that file in the bootstrap folder. I also checked the new file default.php located in the bootstrap folder and compared it my old default.php in my overrides and found some differences other than the changes I made.

So now I am wondering, do I need to recreate all of my overrides using the new files and could this be the reason my custom URL doesn't work? //EDIT - Just tried switching my list to use the new bootstrap layout but it made no difference. The custom pre-filter URL still gives a 500 error.

I also want to mention when linking to my Fabrik list the normal way in the menu manager, ie.. choosing Fabrik > List as my Menu Item Type the page more or less displays properly.

Using the latest Fabrik v3.4.2 and Joomla v3.4.8

Hoping someone can respond soon as my site is down due to this issue.

Ok want to update, this must have been a change in Joomla. When I originally set up my external menu item for my Fabrik list I was able to use "index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=2&fabrik_list_filter_all_2_com_fabrik_2=2015" and everything worked fine. Then I ran into the problem I described in my original post.

After messing around I found if I add "/" to the start of my URL the page displays without error. So now my URL looks like "/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=2&fabrik_list_filter_all_2_com_fabrik_2=2015".

Not sure when this changed but I'm happy it was a simple fix but not happy I spent about 4 hours trying to figure it out.

I would still like to hear from someone concerning my template overrides though. Should I update them? Keep in mind I created the overrides back when Fabrik still had the file called "default_filter.php" located in the bootstrap folder. I just don't remember the Fabrik version when I created the overrides.

You do need to keep any template or layout overrides in sync with any major changes we make. We try and avoid changes to things people can override, but sometimes we can't avoid it.

The filters are now built in their own layout, which is then included in the the template, rather than built in place in the template. So if you need to modify those, you'll need to override the ./components/com_fabrik/layouts/list/fabrik-filters.php layout. See the wiki for details on overriding layouts.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back