Database join 'add option in front'

rups

I had form which has two database join with the drop down option. Now I want to provide the option to add value for the drop down from the form also. For that I click the option 'add option in front' but in that case on click of 'add' button, it popups the form itself, which does not serve my purpose. I want the feature which is available in the dropdown element of adding the value from the form also.

Please help me in the same.

Thanks

sorry but its built that way for a reason (whether is a good one is up to you i guess) but we need to present the whole form when someone is adding in a record into a database join as there could be validations and checks on the other parts of the form's data that must be met before data is submitted to that table.
Perhaps you could make a 2nd fabrik table which points to the same db table that the database join uses, and edit the newly created elements so that only the db join label and key fields appear in the form?

Thax

Thax rob for your reply.

I got your suggestion, but if possible please try to work on that option in new releases as if you have to verify the validation and all, why do not you apply at the databse level? So that the same form can be used as it is very basic requirements. If I had to create another application for adding the data would sound senseless, and adds the burden of another table though it is linked.

why do not you apply at the databse level
Because things in Fabrik arent designed like that - the validations are applied pragmatically rather than in the database. I don't see us changing this in the future

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back