Database join element and link to join record

olihya

Hello,
I have database join element with link to join record activated but when i click on the link there is a message record not found.
And the url created is not right.
Have you some ideas to resolve that?
Wish you a beautiful day.
Olivier

I can see no issue.

Link to details is working only if you also have at least one Fabrik list linked to the table used in the dbjoin.

If you have multiple lists you have to select which form should open if the "link to joined record" is clicked.

A dbjoin element (Data tab) is using DB tables and columns not Fabrik list, so it doesn't know of e.g. prefilters or access restrictions.

If the user doesn't have access to this record in the list/form you selected in the "Popup form" you will get "Record not found" and the details view of an empty record.

Hi Troester,
Thanks a lot for your answer.
I misspoke.
It's the opposite way.
In fact I would like the link in the list where the database join element is located to display the data from the original table.
And that's when I get the record not found message.
But maybe it's not possible in that sense.

In fact I would like the link in the list where the database join element is located to display the data from the original table.
That's what the 'link to joined record' is for.

But the record to which the link of the dbjoin element is pointing must be accessible for the user.

And of course your dbjoin element must be a single one (i.e. 'Render as' dropdown or radio) and use 'id[Recommended]' as 'Value'.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back