Database join remove duplicate entries

keith21

Hi
I am wounding if anyone can help me with a database join element. I done a database join although it shows all the entries for that field has, please see picture named untitled2. I would just like it to show values one removing any duplicates. Is there anywhere I can use a sql distinct statement ? And how would I do this?

Thanks for your help in advance

Keith

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    179.2 KB · Views: 204
I'd love to know the answer to this too as I am having the same problem myself today. So far I haven't figured it out, if I do before someone else steps in I'll be sure to let you know! :)

PS I wonder if it is something to do with using DISTINCT in the Data Where field... might be barking up the wrong tree but could be....

A dbjoin element is storing the value (= foreign key pointing to a record in your selected "lookup" table).
You can use any label, even concatenate multiple columns and texts (e.g. your dropdown would show unique labels if you select "Question.no" instead of "Category" as label).
In your table you have multiple records with category SU, which record id should be stored?

I think if you select your category as VALUE (which usually is not recommended, but it depends on what you want to achieve) it will do a DISTINCT automatically.
But in this case it will store "SU" which is no key to access a record in your lookup table, you can't use it in joins, related data etc.

Back