Details view shows a blank page after upgrade

esskay

Hello...I have upgraded to Fabrik 3.5.1 and PHP 7.1. When I try to access details view of the record it shows a blank page. This is happenning to most of the lists. In some lists some records shows up but majority are not shown. I have given access details and affected url details in MY Sites. Please advise...

I enabled error reporting to maximum but there are no errors....I have checked almost all pages where there was blank page and no error...

Yes...You are right...Its an issue with php 7.1. I switched back the version to 5.6.29 and now it works perfect. Fabrik 3.5.1 may not be fully compatible with php 7.1. In case if any developer from Fabrik need to work on it please do let me know and I will switch the version to 7.1 for debugging. At the moment it is 5.6.29 with no errors.

For the information asked in the link which you provided are as under -

1. Yes : The memory limit is much higher. Its 768M
2. No Errors so I cannot put any messages
3. My joomla version is 3.6.5
4. Yes..I did a github update today itself. Fabrik version is now 3.5.1
5. My browser is Chrome. Sometimes I do access with Firefox
6. Link to error pages are given in My Sites section
7. Login details are also given

If need any other information please do let me know...

okay...I have created a test environment and given login details, url's and other info in My Sites section. The setup is - Joomla 3.6.5, Fabrik 3.5.1 and PHP 7.1. The mystery is that even with 7.1 some of the details link are still working. I have given working link too in My Sites.

Fabrik 3.5.1 may not be fully compatible with php 7.1

Sorry...This statement is given without my full understanding and testing...Ignore this...Their may be something site specific which is responsible for these blank pages...I am not competent enough to say this...Apology...

Last edited:
I'll take a look.

Just FYI, I've been running PHP 7 on my main dev / test install for about 6 months, haven't had any problems. Although I'm running 7.0.8, not 7.1.

--hugh

OK, there's really nothing I can figure out remotely, as we're not getting any error reporting.

I've taken an Akeeba backup, installing it locally, see if I can spot any problems. We don't usually do this as part of subscription support, as it's time consuming.

-- hugh

OK, well I got the site installed and running here, but your default backup profile seems to be excluding all non core tables, so there's none of your data tables lie tax_events.

Can you let me know how to get those tables.

-- hugh

Hello...Thanks...I am looking at the missing tables in test site and will update you soon...

Just FYI, I've been running PHP 7 on my main dev / test install for about 6 months, haven't had any problems. Although I'm running 7.0.8, not 7.1.

I have switched the PHP Version to 7.0.14 and it is working. I think the issue occurs only when I use PHP 7.1

I will update you on missing db tables issue...Thanks once again for going out of your way in helping me...

Not sure I can even upgrade my main test sites to 7.1, as I'm running XAMPP on Windows, and 7.1 isn't available for it yet. Well, technically I could manually install it and configure XAMPP to use it, but I'm reluctant to mess around with it atm. I'll look at spinning up a Linux VM to test it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I gave it my best shot, but it's proving to be a major pain to upgrade anything to 7.1. I use Bitnami for my test VM's ...

https://bitnami.com/stack/joomla

... and although they have just released a 7.1 LAMP stack ...

https://bitnami.com/stack/lamp/installer

... it's in beta, and has a few issues. I tried upgrading a vanilla Ubuntu VM to 7.1, but wound up in package dependency hell. So for now, I'm just going to say we don't support 7.1, until I have a way of easily deploying a test evironment for it.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh...thanks for taking trouble and your time...Doesn't matter...I am ok with php 7.0.14 which is working great with fabrik 3.5.1 and joomla 3.6.5...MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your team from India..

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back