Different behavior of add option in form and list

anfjst

As I have no live site in the moment I made a jing video to show my problem of the add option behavior in my project.

In the first part of the video add option doesn't add the element to the dropdown in the form, in the next part of the video add option works as expected in a list.

http://screencast.com/t/CE81QbpzR3t

I tried to solve this by setting the default template of joomla and other things but nothing helped. Can somebody give me a hint where to look at to get this working?

Hi anfjst,

I've had multiple instances of this same problem before. I am unsure where the problem came from but I did notice a bug that would break my tables a lot. When I have database join elements, sometimes the "value" and "label" would reset itself. When the table isn't connecting properly I would go back in and reset the label and value and save it. Not sure if that would help but it's something good to look at for in Fabrik 3 beta.

No solution, but
you are displaying a form and a list in an article with the content plugin.

So in the first part the form is called directly via content plugin (there seems to be a bug with the add option)
In the second part the form is called "normally" via URL.

Are you using fabrik3 with the latest GitHub?

Tessa: I don't have a database join element in the project. But I will give it a try to look at for label and value reset and save it.

troester: Right. I use form+list+list in an article with the content plugin.
What you see in the video is the form+list1+list2 called via custom detail URL from a "master" list.
In the first part I show the dropdown element add option not working in the form, in the second part I use below the form above list2 the add record button which shows up a form with the working dropdown.

So is it a bug that dropdown add option is not working in forms in F3 in the moment?

are there any different settings between those two dropdown elements?
On the page where the add isnt working, do you get and Javascript errors, if so can you report those here. If possible can you post the page's url as well

thx
Rob

Hello Rob. The settings of the dropdowns are identically. I get no Javascript errors. The add button is just dead.
I will put the project on a live site and then get back to you.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back