Displaying multiple fields from a linked table

kornacki

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to display multiple fields from a linked table in a Fabrik form and not succeeding.

I have a "Program" list (see attachment) to which I link an "Exercise" table. No problem displaying one field "Exercise Name" but I would like to automatically populate the "Note" and "Video" columnss from the Exercise table.

I have faked it by adding dbjoins for each (see attachment) just to get the display but that is not an acceptable solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Program List.JPG
    Program List.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Program Detail.JPG
    Program Detail.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 339
hi
Is this really for Fabrik 3.1b? The screen shots look like Fabrik 3.0?

Thanks for spotting that and I apologize for the delay. Had to go to a pre=Fabrik backup and because of the klutz I am had to do it a couple of times.

However, I could not find Fabrik 3.1b. This is what I updated the 3.1a package to:
Fabrik-fabrik-3.1a-342-g8087400.

Is there something newer and how do I get to it?

Sorry my bad, I meant fabrik 3.1a

I have a "Program" list (see attachment) to which I link an "Exercise" table. No problem displaying one field "Exercise Name" but I would like to automatically populate the "Note" and "Video" columnss from the Exercise table.
If Exercise, is a database join element then you can use its concat field to select several fields to show for the element's label.

Thank you,

I've looked atall the references to "Concat" I could find and th is what I've come up with:

{thistable}.id, ',', {thistable}.exercise_note

But this results in an SQL error in the front end.
Attached is the element setup. Obviously not right.

Attachments

• Concat.JPG
    Concat.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 332
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back