Does Fabrik escape apostrophes in input text

railer

I've run into an odd problem which seems so simple.

I have a long, multi-page form (3 pages). A customer entered a paragraph of text into a textarea element which contained the word, Director's with the apostrophe s. It seems to have caused a problem when trying to view the record in the front end.

Doesn't Fabrik have filters built into it which would escape the apostrophe character?

Yup, should have. Should all be handled entirely transparently in things like textareas, not really anything to do with Fabrik. I'll check with a textarea though.

When you say "view the record", you mean in form or details view?

-- hugh

No problems here.

Are you using WYSIWYG? If so, which editor? And if so, can you try without WYSIWYG, see if behavior is different.

-- hugh

Yeah, I would have been surprised if Fabrik didn't escape apostrophes. Thanks. No WYSIWYG. There were a bunch of other things going on which might have been a part of the cause. At least your confirmation helps to likely eliminate the apostrophe as the culprit. I do have to ask one of my developers for a complete description as to why she needed to remove the apostrosphe. I'll post here if there is something of note.

OK.

If you are doing anything "custom" with it, you may need to deal with quoting (or html special char'ing) the strings yourself.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back