double entries and linked elements

gobezu

i have a very odd behavior that i had been ignoring for quite a while but has become unbearable due to my use of database join elements

among my list of elements i have the following issues (please look at the screen capture provided below for clarity and i can also provide access to site exhibiting these issues if required):
1. copy of elements that are identical appearing in the list
2. while creating the element 2 elements are created (1 additional) and the additional one is always linked to the one i aimed at creating

i just can't figure this out and i don't want to redo all my forms so i am hoping i can get a clarity over what can be done to resolve this

fabrik.elements.jpg

I'll need to get access to your server to work this one out.

The repeated display, where you see two copies of the same element ID, is something I've seen before, but never in a situation where I could debug it. I'm about 99.9% sure it's some corner case that is causing the query we use to build the list of elements to return two rows for each element. In other words, you don't really have two copies of all of those, it's just displaying two rows for each one.

However, the other issue, where you are saying you create an element and immediately have two copies, with actually different ID's, is not something I've seen before.

I'm on the road at the moment, travelling in England, but if you can tell me some times next week when you are available, we can set a time when I can be available. I'll be in Portugal next week, at a family reunion, where I'll be in the same place all week with (hopefully) reliable Internet access and some time on my hands.

-- hugh

PS, can you update either to 3.0.6.3, or to the latest github, and see if the simple duplication (with same element ID) goes away?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back