Edit user: User groups overwritten + can't load user data automatically to the editing form

Hi guys,

I am using the Juser plugin to register the user on one form and a 2nd form to edit the user but both forms linking to the same tables; I am also using the user element to link the __users table to my other table that store more information about the user.

The registration works perfect but I have 2 main issues that I am struggling with when it comes to user editing their profile:
  1. Whenever the user edits any field the form saves the data perfectly but the user groups are overwritten by the "Default user group" the one under the option tab in the Juser plug in. I don't want any user groups to change. I want the user to only change everything else part from user groups.
  2. How do I load the user details to the form directly. At the moment I display the list to the user then the user clicks on the edit icon on the list to edit their profile but now I want the user to go directly to the edit form without going via a list.
Please help me out, I am pulling my hair here trying to solve this.

Kind regards
Simon

For the second question, you can create a Fabrik menu item for the form, and specify -1 as the row id, and the (short) name of the user element on your form as the "Use Key", like 'userid'.

Do you have anything specified for the 'Use Group Field' in the juser plugin settings?

-- hugh

Hi,

Thanks I can now load the edit form dat automatically.

About the user groups i have not specified anything on the "User Group Field" because I dont have a field that stores the user group field on my form. I thought if you left it blank and as long as you have specified the allowed groups on the watch list then the group will not be affected.

Regards
Simon

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back