Editing Form Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesistems

I have a form I found in components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl. The form appears to be pure PHP. Is there an editor I can use to edit the form as I do not know php.

Thanks!

Bruce

No.
If you want to customize your forms you'll need to know php, HTML and CSS.
What do you want to achieve?
Maybe it's just a little adaption.

I have a Fabrik form and elements. When the form is saved, it goes to a database and a PDF is created and saved in a directory on the website. When saved, the data goes to the data table correctly however, when the PDF is created it's size is "0" and the form does not display. My developer, who closed his business, had created the pdf form. He had trouble getting getting the form to save correctly but did get it working last year.

Last week, I modified the Fabrik form. The only changes I made were appearance like setting font colors and bold, etc. Now the pdf is "0" again. I thought I would see if I could figure it out.

The first thing I want to do is understand why this is happening. Secondly, I need to get the problem resolved.

Many Thanks!

Bruce

Is this in your "savetopdf" form plugin (which isn't fabrik and maybe can't handle fabrik forms correctly) or are you using the fabrik PDF button?

Is it still working with the old fabrik form?

So it seems savtopdf (whatever pdf generator it is using) can't handle your modifications.
I would start with the old form and modify step by step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back