Error 500 Layout default not found

Bauer

I went through my Fabrik folders and deleted old files that I thought (because of the file date) were 'orphans' from earlier versions of Fabrik. After doing so I get this error.

It looks like in ./components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl there was a default.xml and a default.php file. in the past. But in the latest zip from github (updated yesterday) there is only a default.xml - there is no default.php file.

When I put the archived default.php file back I get this error...
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/public_html/components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/default.php on line 20

Line 20 is...
Code:
if ($this->params->get('show_page_heading', 1)) :

It seems params is NULL. So I used this code...
Code:
if (!isset($this->params))
{
    $form = $this->getForm();
    $this->params = new Registry($form->params);
}

and with that I get the error...
Fatal error: Class 'Registry' not found in /home/public_html/components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/default.php on line 23

So I just gave up and went for the Eggnog.:p

Last edited:
Have you tried a git update? What was the original error you got? My install of Fabrik does not have the default.php file either. You didn't delete the default folder did you?

Have you tried a git update? What was the original error you got? My install of Fabrik does not have the default.php file either. You didn't delete the default folder did you?
There was no 'default' folder. The only folders under ./components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl are bootstrap and bootstrap_tabs (same as the github zip). I'm confused as to what's going on here as it just started happening (and the error is sporadic) since Joomla 3.4.7. Sometimes the error is "500 Layout default_buttons not found."

I have not updated to 3.4.7 yet, there is a banner above that states there is an issue with it and Fabrik. Maybe this is part of the problem?

On closer inspection I don't think it is related. Maybe check the template for the form and set it to bootstrap if it is set to default.

I have not updated to 3.4.7 yet, there is a banner above that states there is an issue with it and Fabrik. Maybe this is part of the problem?

On closer inspection I don't think it is related. Maybe check the template for the form and set it to bootstrap if it is set to default.
Thanks for the help achartier. I updated from gitub and still had the problem. But I think it was one of those errors where the error shown was not really the initial problem. I think it had to do with changing some menu aliases. I installed the Direct Alias (3rd party) plugin yesteday and needed to change my code to reflect the removal of menu nesting in the urls. I'm sure more will popup that I missed.

That file definitely shouldn't be there.

I'm a little confused though, as your OP refers to errors happening when that file is there, but you don't explain what error you get after removing the file.

Either way, I'm pretty sure this is nothing to do with Fabrik.

-- hugh

Error 500 Layout default not found
You usually get if your form/list/Fabrik menu item/content plugin is using a Fabrik template which doesn't exist. I assume you've delete some "nonorphaned" tmpl/xxx

So in which form/list are you seeing it? Check your layout settings.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back