Error when upgrading to 1.0.4b from 1.0.3

LeberMac

When I try to edit a table now in 1.0.4b I lose all joomla formatting css and I get this error in the "Data" tab under the first varAdminFilters line:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: htmlspecialchars_decode() in /home/lebermac/public_html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/views/table/tmpl/default.php on line 1065

I'll post an image if that'll help. All of the usual Joomla! Admin backend css and styles is gone.
Here's the image link

Re: Javascript Error when upgrading to 1.0.4b from 1.0.3

Hrm, the templating system changed - instead of having the templates in the "tmpl" folder under the
components/com_fabrik/tmpl
area, now it looks as if they are under the
components/com_fabrik/views
table. Hrm.

It looks like a) you are still running PHP4, and b) you haven't upgraded all of Fabrik to the latest SVN.

The htmlspecialchars_decode() function was introduced in PHP 5.1. So it simply doesn't exist in earlier versions of PHP. However, the more recent SVN versions of Fabrik include a backward compatibity check that provides the htmlspecialchars* functions if you don't have them.

When you say "I upgrade all the admin data to the latest SVN" do you literally mean you only upgraded the 'administrator' backend component and not the front end component? If so, this would explain the problem, as the backend component uses the front end classes. So if you didn't update the front end, you won't have those backward compat features.

Of course the REAL solution (as well as updating all of Fabrik) is to upgrade to PHP5. This is something you will HAVE to do soon, as PHP4 is being "end of lifed" this year. As of 1/1/2008 there will be no more support, development or bug fixes for PHP4. See www.php.net for details.

I obviously don't speak for the Fabrik folk (I'm just a Happy Customer) but I'd be very surprised if they continue to officially support Fabrik on PHP4 once PHP4 is no longer a supported product. Likewise Joomla itself.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back