Exporting to pdf stopped working after upgarde

fanta00

I upgraded to latest 3.0.6 and exporting lists to pdf stopped working correctly - it only generates blank grey page

In my case, I had to verify the setup of each of my lists to verify that the pdf template is set to "default" instead of "admin" in the "layout" tab

It was working fine before, does it mean that upgrade changed those settings? jeez.

Changing list pdf template from 'admin' to 'default' didn't solve the issue - now when I click the pdf button it doesn't even show the save as/open popup but it goes to empty page: .../list/2/pdf?format=pdf

When I try to export to pdf i get this error.

jos-Error:

plgSystemDebug -> __destruct()
JFactory :: getDocument() @ /home/chnetwor/public_html/demo1/plugins/system/debug/debug.php:98
JFactory :: createDocument() @ /home/chnetwor/public_html/demo1/libraries/joomla/factory.php:192
JDocument :: getInstance() @ /home/chnetwor/public_html/demo1/libraries/joomla/factory.php:864
JDocumentpdf -> __construct() @ /home/chnetwor/public_html/demo1/libraries/joomla/document/document.php:297
JError :: raiseError() @ /home/chnetwor/public_html/demo1/libraries/joomla/document/pdf/pdf.php:58
JError :: raise() @ /home/chnetwor/public_html/demo1/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251

Any idea of what that could be?

joomla version: 2.5
fabrik version : 3

I'm looking at this one. I have two lists I'm testing on, one works, one produces the blank page. I have a feeling this may be a DOMPDF related issue, rather than a Fabrik problem.

More news when there is news.

-- hugh

Ah, OK, the non-working one was using the 'admin' template, changign that to 'default' for the PDF template it now works.

fanta - can you point me at your page?

-- hugh

i can't unfortunately, it is passwords protected as it's internal client database.
For me changing template from 'admin' to 'default' didn't solve the issue - now when I click the pdf button it doesn't even show the save as popup but it goes to empty page: .../list/2/pdf?format=pdf,
so admin generate blank pdf
default goes to empty page

Pretty much impossible to test this if its working for us and we can't access your site. Can you make a test site which reproduces the issue?
Can you check you have the dompdf library folder installed in /libraries/

By the way I did see pdf output of lists in administration was not working. I have fixed that in todays github code

-Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back