Fabric 2.0b problem. Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

rewing

I got
" Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package."

when install fabrik 2.0 in joomla 1.5.7.

please help!

Are you installing the ZIP from the downloads area, or building your own ZIP from SVN?

If the latter, make sure you moved the fanrik.xml file up to the top level before making the ZIP. See the sticky in the 2.0 beta forum for details.

If you used the ZIP from the downloads, I'd suggest building your own from SVN. See my sig for SVN details, and sticky referenced above for making the ZIP.

-- hugh

Actually I try all the method and it's all the same error:

* Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

Warning: zip_read() expects parameter 1 to be resource, integer given in /home/howftco/public_html/joomla15/libraries/joomla/filesystem/archive/zip.php on line 234

Warning: zip_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, integer given in /home/howftco/public_html/joomla15/libraries/joomla/filesystem/archive/zip.php on line 250
Unable to find install package

my hosting is in Bluehost and it should be no problem.

But when I installed the package in local pc in XAMP, it works!

I just wonder why I can't install it in hosting.

That looks like a Joomla error, nothing to do with Fabrik. For some reason, J! can't open/read your ZIP properly. I've never come across that before. You might try searching joomla.org for those errors.

You could try installing Fabrik by unzipping it yourself and uploading it to a folder. Then use J! 'from folder' option on install.

-- hugh

Thanks!

I just want to know when will the 2.0 be final stable!
At least the sql table must be stable! then if any updates we don't have to re-install the components!

Fabrik is incredible! Hopefully your guys could do more test on a hosting environment! I used to get exceed CPU quato error in bluehost Bosting when I do operation of adding elements in Fabrik 1.0.6!

We have a lot of testing going on in hosted environments. Never run into that ZIP issue before.

Also never heard of anyone hitting CPU limits when adding element in 1.0.6. Occasionally people run into memory limits, but those are easily configured.

Sounds like you may want to look for another host.

-- hugh

Same problem

I'm having the same problem installing Fabrik 2.0, however I can still install other components, plugins, and modules without any problems. I've tried installing from the 2.0b download, and I've downloaded the svn and tried to make my own installer zip file using the instructions on the SVN page, and instructions I found here in the forum. I think the SVN is the one I should use however the "making your own install zip" doesn't seem to have a complete set of instructions anywhere. For example The main instructions say:

To install the exported SVN files as a component form scratch,
create a new folder called "com_fabrik" and copy into this the
files found in "administrator/components/com_fabrik" and
"components/com_fabrik". Make a zip out of the com_fabrik
folder and install this as a new component.

Following the above instructions as I understand them means that there are duplicate files from these two folders that will overwrite whichever folder/files you copy first.
When I tried to use the other instructions I found, it said to just copy the xml file out to root of the zip file I was going to make and then zip the entire contents of the svn download.

Neither of the instructions have given me a successful install, and both create errors similar to the errors in this thread.

Thank you for any assistance you can give me.
Sam

The instructions you quoted above are for a 1.0.x install ZIP on J! 1.0.x.

The instructions at:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6320

... should work for 2.0 on J! 1.5. Make sure it's the fabrik.xml you are moving to the top level of the ZIP, not config.xml.

Can you copy & paste the exact errors you are getting?

If they are ZIP errors, you could try creating a directory somewhere on your server, uploading the unzipped files to it, and 'install from directory'.

You might also check and if necessary raise your PHP execution time and upload size INI values.

-- hugh

We have occasionally seen problems with the install exceeding max script execution time on some servers. On others we've sometimes seen the max file upload size being smaller than the ZIP.

Also check your PHP max memory limit, make sure it's at 64MB.

-- hugh

I had same problem. Install from directory solved my installation problem.
Upload the extracted copy of file i.e com_fabrik_fabrik2.0b2.zip and then upload to your server/tmp folder, select install from directory, give path, install you are done.

I had the same problem today

Warning: zip_read() expects parameter 1 to be resource, integer given in /home/proxtrad/public_html/cms/libraries/joomla/filesystem/archive/zip.php on line 234

Did what was suggested above, your path is in the error for those who may wonder what the path could be

This is an example of the path I used and that worked for me.

/home/proxtrad/public_html/cms/tmp/com_fabrik_2.0b3

Fabric 2.03b problem. Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

Hi,

I have same error when upgrade to 2.03b in joomla 157.

I download the 2.03b today and show me:

Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

Hmmm, I just downloaded the ZIP to double check, and the XML is definitely there.

Have you tried the method outlined above? Extract the ZIP locally, upload the content to your J! /tmp folder (create a /tmp/fabrik2 folder and put everything in that) and do an "install from folder"?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back