fabrik 3 installation problem with joomla 1.7

sidy

Good Morning

I downloaded fabrik_3.0a2 twice and try to install it but i still have this error message

An error arose during the transfer of this file on the server

My version of Joomla is the 1.7. Do you know what does that means ?

when i unzip & try to install i got this message: Impossible to find a pack of installation

Hi!

The instalation package is big maybe your server dosnt suport this file size, so unpack fabrik instalation in joomla tmp folder and install from the directory you unpack.

Maybe will solve your problem!

Also check your server files permitions!

Carlos Eduardo

Helllo thank you for your answers.

@Carlos:I tryed it but the error message is still the same.
@Rob:I think that I followed correctly the instructions but no change

I can sen you printscreen if you want send me your emails.
Best Regards.

Hi!

The instalation package is big maybe your server dosnt suport this file size, so unpack fabrik instalation in joomla tmp folder and install from the directory you unpack.

Maybe will solve your problem!

Also check your server files permitions!

Carlos Eduardo

I'm having a similar prob and tried to install via the \tmp folder.

Here is the error I got:

Fabrik-install-error.PNG

It is over 12 megs so it is big. But I think there is a prob with the package.

NOTE: this image will only be available for a short time, then will be removed.

DavidP

if you are installing via the tmp folder or via ftp then you HAVE to run the build.xml script via ant to build the correct zips.

If you are installing from the download @ github then please read the readme:
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik which will tell you that you should use Joomla's discover fetaure to install Fabrik (this method avoids the necessity to run ant to build the zips)

The downloads that size due to:
a) fabrik being pretty large
b) it including all the libraries necessary to run our build script =(which does a whole series of things, e.g. compressing the js files, checking the js syntax and we're working on it setting up a test Joomla site to run unit tests on the fabrik code to ensure we don't break anything)

Regarding the exact error you got im confused as we dont have a mod_ajaxscroller!

-Rob

if you are installing via the tmp folder or via ftp then you HAVE to run the build.xml script via ant to build the correct zips.

Regarding the exact error you got im confused as we dont have a mod_ajaxscroller!

-Rob

Rob, thanks for the tips. RE: the ajaxscroller, I have no idea. The fabrik zip was the only thing in the tmp folder!

I'll read the docs this time :)

@ALL :I successfully installed Fabrik3 the problem was with the max upload file on my server it was limited to 2mb I increased it now fabrik is installed I got to find documentations now to use it
@ DAvidP: You should look in this way. I think that it is the same problem

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back