Fabrik search strategy

NickC4555

I have a website that has a lot of different Fabrik areas (membership management, member news, obituaries, events, business directory) as well as Acymailing, Phoca Gallery and Download and some regular Joomla article sections. I started off using Joomla smart search, but as the use of Fabrik has increased, that has become less appropriate because there is no smart search plugin for it. Joomla standard search doesn't work properly with Fabrik either because it crashes when a database join with a numeric primary/foreign key is added.

Fabrik's individual list search is great, but I need to find a site-wide search that includes all of the content. Does anyone have any suggestions, please? Also, is there a particular reason why a Joomla smart search plugin for Fabrik hasn't been developed?

Also, is there a particular reason why a Joomla smart search plugin for Fabrik hasn't been developed?

Mostly because I haven't run across a direct client project that needs that yet, and nobody else wants to fund the work. It would be a LOT of work. And on my initial attempt a few years ago, there were some fundamental issues that would have prevented us doing it, although I think those may have been resolved.

-- hugh

Thanks for your reply. As Fabrik has evolved into what I think of as a Visual Studio for Joomla, it can be used for increasingly ambitious projects. The site my original post refers to incorporates every line of business process for the organisation I developed it for, but it is compromised without an enterprise search capability. I hadn't realised the amount of work involved in building the plugin, but given the scope of everything else Fabrik does, it seems strange to not have it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back