Fabrik Visualizations Info

Indrit

Hello, is there information and HOW-TO to build charts (visualization) in version 4.X?

Thanks, Indrit

We didn't upgrade the chart viz plugins to F4 until now.
They were included in F4-beta with some rudimentary updates (I think they are installable) but never tested. So they are not included in the recent package.

If you are interested (in which one of the chart plugins?) to test and improve I can post the F4-Beta plugin zip here.

Thanks @troester i think the one I am interested in are fusioncharts.

Also, has there been any thoughts about custom PDF reports. I would be very interested in seeing something that allows to build a report based on the criteria I select.

Thanks

Greetings,

I have been utilizing the Plotalot platform for an extended period, and while the generated graphs are satisfactory, they lack interactivity. My objective is to empower users to select and query distinct segments within the report, facilitating a personalized drill-down experience where the graphs dynamically adjust in response.

Upon evaluating KoolReport, I observed that drill-down functionality is limited to clicking within graphs, omitting the capability to manually select diverse query parameters for refining graph outputs and adjusting graph types.

I am keen on seeing Fabrik develop a solution that incorporates these advanced features. I am prepared to invest in custom development to achieve this goal.

1711666330921.png

Thanks, Indrit

Last edited:
We didn't upgrade the chart viz plugins to F4 until now.
They were included in F4-beta with some rudimentary updates (I think they are installable) but never tested. So they are not included in the recent package.

If you are interested (in which one of the chart plugins?) to test and improve I can post the F4-Beta plugin zip here.
Here are the ones I am most interested in:
BTW... I just upgraded my test site to Fabrik4 official release!

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello!

I'm also using Plotalot. It has a feature to take variables from outside (check the manual), which I use to make my visualization more interactive.

Another way would be to make a specific list with fabrik for the parameter that you want to use dynamically. It contains only one row with, say the location. You can then use the fabric plugin to show the edit form before your plotalot plots which get the location form the list. The user can choose the location, save the row, fabrik reloads the same pate and the plots get updated to the selected location.

Hope this helps!

Kindly,
Lorenz

Another way would be to make a specific list with fabrik for the parameter that you want to use dynamically. It contains only one row with, say the location. You can then use the fabric plugin to show the edit form before your plotalot plots which get the location form the list. The user can choose the location, save the row, fabrik reloads the same pate and the plots get updated to the selected location.

I find this idea intriguing and am willing to give it a try, however what do you mean by the following..?
It contains only one row with, say the location

My actual list (see below print screen) comprises entries submitted by various users through a standardized intake form.

1711757195376.png

My objective is to develop multiple filters that users can select, enabling the Plotalot graph to dynamically adjust based on the chosen selection(s).

Imagine a scenario where a specific filter is designed to capture findings/observations made by each user on an annual basis.

even more ....The chart dynamically adapts as the user or year changes, and it further adjusts if more than two users are selected, ensuring that the chart remains responsive to user selections.

Thanks, Indrit

Last edited:
Hi there!

Sorry, my explanation was a bit too short, I guess.
Your in aim is to make the plotalot graphs more dynamic. Here's my setup. I have list A with a lot of rows containing data of persons and interactions they did/received at certain times. Now I want to generate graphs for time ranges, where the user can choose the time range himself. For this, I open a list B that has only one row with two fields, "from date" and "to date". I then made a page with all the grpahs my user needed, using the plotalot plugin. On top of those, I put a Fabrik plugin that calls for an edit of row 1 in list B (the only one that is there). Like this the user can select the time range he wants for the graphs. When clicking save on the edit form for list B, a form plugin redirects to reload the same graphs page. Obviously, the SQL section in the graphs need to get the time renages, you can use a simple nested select to get all the things you need in the select statement. Here's an example for a graphs that shows the number of beneficiaries by gender in a selected time range:

Code:
select t3.gender, count(t3.gender)
from beneficiaries as t3
where date(t3.created_on) between (select trfrom from time_range_for_plots where id = 1) and (select trto from time_range_for_plots where id = 1)
group by t3.gender

Note: You need to set the two fields in list B to some default values, so that the above query does not throw an error.

This method is good if you have a large range of possible time ranges that the user can select.

When the range is limited, say you have 10 locations that you want to offer the user to select his graphs accordingly, I user the URL parameter import that plotalot offers (see their manual). Instead of the an edit form, I put a series of buttons with all the locations (could also be done with fabrik) on top of my graphs page. Each button calls again the same page but add the location of the button to the URL. Plotalot picks this up and generates the plots accordingly. Here's an example for that:

Code:
select t1.gender, count(t1.gender)
from crm_contact as t1
join time_range as t2
on t1.created_on>=t2.trfrom AND t1.created_on<=t2.trto
where if("%%P1%%"="", 1=1, t1.location = "%%P1%%") AND t1.contact_category like "%Volunteer%"
group by t1.gender

Note that the time range is also in there; this time I use it with a join to "filter" the select before applying the location in the where clause.

Needs a bit of fiddling around, but works fine :)

Hope this helps!

Kindly,
Lorenz

Thanks for the lengthy information, I am still trying to follow... in the means time what do you mean by "I open a list B that has only one row with two fields, "from date" and "to date""

Do you mean, you created a new list that has no records, and has two elements associated with it only

element 1: from date
element 2: to date

Indrit

No, I created a new list with only one record ( = one row, or one line in phpMyAdmin :) ) that contains only two elements: the "date from" and the "date to".

I feel a bit disoriented .. I wish there were still some video training resources on this topic. I remember there used to be ample resources available for the previous version, which were quite beneficial.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back