Fatal error: Call to a member function setId() on a non-object

whitetoo

Hi guys,

My form is suddenly receiving the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setId() on a non-object in /home/xxx/public_html/website.com/components/com_fabrik/views/form/view.html.php on line 53

This is the segment of code I believe it's referring to:
Code:
function setId($id)

{

$this->_id = $id;

}

function getId()

{

if (!isset( $this->_id )) {

$usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( 'com_fabrik' );

$this->_id = $usersConfig->get( 'fabrik', JRequest::getInt( 'fabrik', 0 ) );

}

return $this->_id;

}
I'm assuming my host must of upgraded this PHP version or something and now a function no longer works? I'm afraid I know very little PHP in order to fix this myself. Could someone help me out please?

This just happened out of the blue? Have you updated from GitHub recently? Perhaps a file(s) didn't transfer properly so redoing might solve it.

Perhaps you could contact your host to confirm whether they made any changes.

Hi Rackem, thank you very much for your reply. No changes have been made to the site by me for over 6 months. I have spoken with my host and they say no changes have occured from their side either. Very frustrating....

The setId() in question is one of our functions, not a built in PHP one.

Unfortunately that code has changed fairly radically in the last 6 months, so it's impossible for me to tell from that line number and file name what the problem might be. We don't even call setId() from that file any more.

My best suggestion is that you do a full update from github, and if that doesn't fix the problem (or creates any other problems), I'll be able to do something about fixing it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back