• Joomla 5.1

For running J!5.1 you must install Fabrik 4.1
    See also Announcements

• Subscription and download (Fabrik 4.1 for J!4.2+ and J!5.1) are working now

See Announcement
    Please post subscription questions and issues here

We have resolved the issue with the J! updater and this will be fixed in the next release.

fileupload and file size 0

TheGr8

First of all let me thank everybody working on such a powerful solution. I am finally trying to set up my first project using Fabrik 3 and Joomla 2.5 and seeing some problems with fileupload plug-in and wanted to see if anybody else has had this issue.
I have a simple data table (no relationships with any other tables) called "jobs" and I am trying to set it up so that users can upload a single image for each job. I included an element of type uploadfile with crop option.
It always works perfectly with the first image - image gets cropped / resized and uploaded just fine. If I try to replace the image with something else - click on the checkmark icon next to the file and upload a new one it always gets uploaded with zero byte size.

Here's what I see in logs:

[24-Jul-2012 22:27:48] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/myhost/public_html/_mydomain.com/libraries/joomla/database/database.php on line 1315
[24-Jul-2012 22:28:10] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/myhost/public_html/_mydomain.com/plugins/fabrik_element/fileupload/fileupload.php on line 795

and then 2nd error repeats on other lines.

Does anybody have any pointers for me on how to troubleshoot this?

Thank you!

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 466
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 435
Thank you for your immediate reply, felixkat. I will have to use it without the crop then, at least for now. Once I am ready for public release I will re-evaluate and possibly pay to get this fixed. I was more concerned about getting this reported so that you guys are aware of it but it looks like you got it under control.
Another unrelated question - I don't neccessarily need the image file itself, I just need its base64 MIME encoded version (string). I was going to utilize my form's onBeforeStore trigger to write a couple of lines PHP script to get the image file contents base64 encoded and update another table element with it. Is this the right approach to do this?

Thanks again!

I don't expect it will be too long before this is fixed but it is tagged to happen after the official 3.0.6 release. So I would think a couple of weeks at least. Thanks for reporting though.

Yes I would think the OnBeforeStore would be the best approach. I'm sure you'll find some simliar examples of scripts should you need them on the forums.

Just create a new post if you have any issues. :)

Back