Filter Results as you type

esskay

I have a list with filter set under the headings in the list. Want to check up whether it is possible to have filter trigger "as you type" instead of on change...?

It should be the same as for the normal filter location, depending on how you configure that settings. Note that if you have any range filters, then we automatically set the trigger to use a button, because ranges aren't really compatible with "as you type".

-- hugh

I have set up the filter "on change" and filters are shown under headings. But when I type it does not filter unless I hit either enter or outside the search box...

What I want to know is whether the list can be filtered when I start typing keyword in filter box...like how we have it on google map geo location. When we start typing address the map start showing location...something similar to this...

Ah, OK, no. The "on change" only ever works on blur for text filters.

It might be possible to do that with some custom JS, but it'd be horribly expensive on the server, and difficult to manage the AJAX responses. If you typed quickly, you'd wind up with lots of AJAX filter requests firing off at the same time. Which would mean adding "debouncing" to those filters ... and even then, as list filtering take longer than things like address autocomplete, you'd still have multiple AJAX cllas running at the same time.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back