Force/reset single state sort in list?

Gruber

Hey there, my data rows have mostly unique values in the columns/elements I selected as sorting (it's a simple book lists with "Title", "Author", "Publisher" and so on..). I've selected as sorting elements "Title" and "Author".
If I try to order by one of the 2 column, the sorting is trumped by the other if previously selected, and you have to click them back to normal state sort and then click on the other column to have it active. While this is absolutely a handy and useful feature, imo it can result clunky and difficult to understand to average user used to sorting by "single state" or column.

So basically how can I enable/disable this "multi column" sort thing? Is there a way to force a single sort state when selecting a column? Am I missing something obvious?
Sorry if I'm asking something basic, I'd like to take the chance to thank you for this amazing work of CCK! ;)

Last edited:
Thank you troester, yes I do know that lists can be filtered, but since you are asking I guess that you imply I'm missing something.
I already implemented a very basic filtering for "Title", "Author" and "Genre", and it's working as expected: filling the fields only the rows containing the data specified in the form are shown in the list. Basically I'm using filtering just for search purposes.
Am I missing the bigger picture?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back