Form E-Mail Plugin (article) and Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I have used the form email plugin (template linked to an Article.)

To sketch the scenario: I have a vendor table and I am linking the users to THEIR vendor record.

Now I want to include a list of these users in the mail and thought I will use the fabrik content for that

I included the {fabrik view=list id=30} in the article and if I display the article in from a menu, the list appears but in the email but it only displays {fabrik view=list id=30} (No List)

Should the content public work or should I explore an alternative. I basically just need to list all the email addresses for THAT vendor in the email. I COULD create a form php plugin script to concatenate the email address and pop it into a field but want to know if the content plugin should work first

Thanks

Ok just chatted with Hugh, this will NOT work. So onto plan B. Thread closed

Quoting Cheesegrits .......

"I have a feeling we don't call the J! article content generation when loading article templates in email.

As I recall, we had to quit using the com_content API for rendering articles in the email plugin, as it was causing nasty issues, so we just read the eonctent direct from the database.

So I'm 99.48634% sure the answer is No, it won't work."

As mentioned in Skype, shout if you need help with the PHP to generate that list you need through a table lookup.

The stuff you sent me in Skype looked like it was on the right track. I'm just not sure the right approach is to put it in a form plugin and settings field ... probably easier to just do it all from within the email plugin itself, using a PHP template.

It is relatively easy to roll your own hybrid solution, which still uses a Content article, by using a couple of our Helper functions to read and parse the article you want from within your PHP template code, and just do you own "placeholder" replacement on that.

But ... if the form plugin onBeforeProcess works for you, it's not a terrible way to do it, just not the way I would do it. But then, I have more experience of how to do things like I outlined above, so ...

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back