Form email plugin error

m6xmed5

I'm having an issue with the form email plugin, I have read on several other posts that fabrik just hands the email to J! mail.
However I can send a test mail from J! and it works fine.
I am using the fabrik form module on a page as a contact us form. On submit the data is saved in the database, there is no success message and an error in the console.

500 (Internal Server Error)
send @ js-ba4dd-07278.js:2569
e.extend.$owner @ js-ba4dd-07278.js:2568
send @ js-ba4dd-07278.js:2590
(anonymous) @ form.js:2
check @ form-submit.js:2
e.extend.$owner @ js-ba4dd-07278.js:2568
(anonymous) @ js-ba4dd-07278.js:2568
mootools-ext.js:2 error in returned json
mootools-ext.js:2 XMLHttpRequest {readyState: 4, timeout: 0, withCredentials: false, upload: XMLHttpRequestUpload, onreadystatechange: function?}

I'm using SMTP to send mail in the J! configuration.

This is on joomla 3.7.1 and fabrik 3.6.

No ajax validation is being used and there are only text and button fields on the form.

Can anyone help? I can pm website address and admin log in if required.

Marc

Do you have the same problem if you are accessing the form via a menu item or via a list?
I just tried it in the backend, I get an error but it is a little different.

This comes from the console

_fabrik&task=form.view&formid=2&rowid= 500 (Internal Server Error)
(anonymous) @ form.js:2
check @ form-submit.js:2
e.extend.$owner @ mootools-core.js?0e1667b?:38
(anonymous) @ mootools-core.js?0e1667b?:21

And this shows on the page

0 syntax error, unexpected 'message' (T_STRING)

Marc

Can you enable J! debug, and set error reporting to max in the J! global settings, then see if it gives a more informative error message.

I've checked our code, and we don't use the string 'message' anywhere in the email plugin or our sendMail helper. So it'd be useful if we could get some more debug info.

What template method are you using in the email? The inline message box, or php/html, or article?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, turns out that the issue was down to the way the domain name is set up, the company uses a third party host for its email pop boxes and and also a microsoft exchange server on premises that points to the email host. Basically rendering the email on the website host unusable.
So plan B, the company has and intranet that runs Fabrik for other stuff, it can send emails out without an issue because it is hooked directly to the internal exchange server.
I have set up a remote connection to the website database from the fabrik installation on the companies internal website.
I then set up an email scheduled task and prefiltered the data on the internal sites list to a field with a boolean value filtered where value equal 0, then set the scheduled task to update that field to 1 once the email is sent.
I am having one small issue with it. The scheduled task tells me that the table doesnt exist when it tries to run.
I can see the data on the internal site so it does exist, I can even add a new record to the data using the form.
The original list is called how can we help you? so when it was saved as a table in mysql its table name was set as;

how_can_we_help_you_

When I get the error message from the scheduled task it is returning the table name as 'how_can_we_help_you'
it seams to be missing out the last _
any ideas how I can fix that without starting again with a new table?

Marc

I've had the companies email provider route the site email properly, it's still not working, these are the errors thrown,

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Translation_Entry has a deprecated constructor in /home/mackie9/public_html/administrator/components/com_uniterevolution2/inc_php/framework/pomo/entry.php on line 14

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; POMO_Reader has a deprecated constructor in /home/mackie9/public_html/administrator/components/com_uniterevolution2/inc_php/framework/pomo/streams.php on line 12

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; POMO_FileReader has a deprecated constructor in /home/mackie9/public_html/administrator/components/com_uniterevolution2/inc_php/framework/pomo/streams.php on line 106

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; POMO_StringReader has a deprecated constructor in /home/mackie9/public_html/administrator/components/com_uniterevolution2/inc_php/framework/pomo/streams.php on line 150

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; POMO_CachedFileReader has a deprecated constructor in /home/mackie9/public_html/administrator/components/com_uniterevolution2/inc_php/framework/pomo/streams.php on line 189

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; POMO_CachedIntFileReader has a deprecated constructor in /home/mackie9/public_html/administrator/components/com_uniterevolution2/inc_php/framework/pomo/streams.php on line 204

Actually Hugh, it's me again, I need a slap. The company webserver is running php 7.0 I built the site on php 5.6, thats why it wasn't working. I've updated the settings. All works fine now. :oops:

how_can_we_help_you_

When I get the error message from the scheduled task it is returning the table name as 'how_can_we_help_you'
it seams to be missing out the last _

Hmmm, yeah, that won't work, you can't have table names ending in _ or element names starting with _. That's because we use that ___ to join table and field name to make the unique "full element name", yourtable___yourelement. Which at various places in our code we then split on ___ to get the table and field names. If table has a _ on the end, or element starts with _, yielding tablename____elementname, when we split on ___ we don't know if that extra _ is on the end of the table or the start of the field.

I didn't think we allowed creating a table name with a _ on the end, but it's possible that slipped through. We automatically replace any non alpha-numeric characters in the Label you specify to vcreate the table name, and it's possible we aren't then making sure that didn't wind up with a _ on the end. I'll check.

But to answer your question, I'm afraid no, there isn't a way to fix that. We don't allow changing table names once a list is created.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back