Form Introduction loadposition

On a form introduction I am trying to use loadposition to load a specific module. I only want the module to load when creating a new record or editing an existing one, but not on the details view. I am using the following:

{new: {loadposition the-position-name}}
{edit: {loadposition the-position-name}}

The module is displayed correctly, however, I also see the final "}" for whatever view I am not on.

So, for a new record it looks like:

HERE IS THE MODULE CONTENT
}

And when editing a record:

}
HERE IS THE MODULE CONTENT

And the on details view:

}
}

Any thoughts on how to get the final curly brackets to not show?

Additional info:

I did not think either of these variations would work, but I thought I'd test them just in case.

{new: {loadposition the-position-name} <--- removed final curly bracket
{edit: {loadposition the-position-name} <--- removed final curly bracket

These lines do not load the module and shows the literal text "{loadposition the-position-name" for whichever view I'm not on. It shows nothing at all on the details view.

{new: loadposition the-position-name} <--- removed curly brackets around loadposition call, so only one set of brackets.
{edit: loadposition the-position-name} <--- removed curly brackets around loadposition call, so only one set of brackets.

These lines do not load the module and shows the literal text "loadposition the-position-name" for whichever view I'm not on. It shows nothing at all on the details view.

When editing your form, under the 'Options' tab, is 'Form view' selected as one of the options for 'Process Joomla plugins'?

You might try Regular Labs Modules Anywhere instead of the Joomla one. With MA you can choose other tag delimiters like [[..]] instead of the curly braces. There are lots of plugins that look for and react to curly braces.

You might try Regular Labs Modules Anywhere instead of the Joomla one. With MA you can choose other tag delimiters like [[..]] instead of the curly braces. There are lots of plugins that look for and react to curly braces.

Thanks! I didn't realize this extension lets you change the delimiters. I installed it, changed the delimiters and everything is working now. RegularLabs extensions are always so helpful.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back