Form submitting stuck at "loading"

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldan

ok, let's start again...:-(

just updating to v335 (I believe that is the right number?), now submitting the form- that worked before is getting stuck with a turning wheel, under the word "loading".

thanks
alex

if you add it back in and then give me the url to the form I can see what the js error is that is causing the issue.

Thx
Rob

@ellaroc: it's a thought, but no, that's not it. I also turned off "spoof check", just in case

@rob: so now ajax validation, no spoof, still loading turning wheel...
the previous update from github, #306 worked fine, even with ajax and spoof;
at your earliest convenience:
http://alexdanson.com/en/contact-info

thanks
alex

Not much we can use there, the AJAX response is returning a "500 - internal server error", but no actual error message in the return.

Do you have your PHP error reporting cranked up to max? Should be an option somewhere in the J! global settings, can't remember offhand where it is in 1.7.

-- hugh

it's in Server > Error Reporting: set to maximum
Just did that, sent a message to myself, don't see any messages, and still got a turning wheel. Should ajax be involved in this anyway? ajax validation is off for this form

thanks
alex

ok think I see what might be causing the issue, can you try to update from github and see if things are fixed?

thx
Rob

Can you pm me an ftp account and super admin account - I really can't replicate the issue here and can't see from the page what the issue might be

-thx
Rob

hi yes I did get them, looking at the site now. I'll post back when I have something useful to say :)

this seems to be the same issue as :
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/15

so I've unpublished the "System - Language Filter" plugin as with that on our router code doesn't work.

Sorry I really don't have a solution for this. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how this now Joomla plugin is meant to work, but I'm lost for the moment.

-Rob

well, i see the form works... and I wanted to get rid of that "/en/" thingy anyway, and didn't know how...:)

thanks a lot,
Alex

i have NO IDEA what just happened...:-(
everything was going fine, I turned on Ajax validation, which worked, then I re-published my captcha element, and then hell broke loose, with this message:

Notice: Undefined property: FabrikFEModelForm::$groups in /[...]/public_html/components/com_fabrik/models/form.php on line 490

I thought it was from captcha, so I tried to update from github, un-publish/publish and uninstall/re-install the captcha, turned on "System- Language filter", purged Joomla cache, and my browser's cache, turned Ajax back off for the form... message wouldn't go away.

At this point I'm not even sure it's from captcha, since i trashed the element, and I still get the error- in the article inline form at:
http://alexdanson.com/contact-info
the menu-form doesn't display an error, but doesn't display a form either, just the Send button:
http://alexdanson.com/contact-form

heeelp...
thanks
alex

i think there is something wrong with mysql... i have contacted my provider.

don't waste your time on this, guys... yet...:)

thanks
alex

i can see how that error might be triggered. Can you check that the form has at least one group published? @github I've updated things so that the notice shouldn't occur even if no groups are published.

-Rob

yes, it's published (only has one group).
there are other things going on, like the elements are not linked to the table anymore...
let's wait and see if the isp can restore from yesterday's backup, then i'll update and report here

alex

mysql database was restored, everything is working, captcha, ajax, the dialog box message, sending email, using template, etc... so thank you, over and out.

now on to the next issue...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back