Form view template stays as default

inradius

I'm having an issue where the form template is being forced as the default Fabrik template once clicking to it from the list view.

This is the situation:

On my Main Menu, I have an item set up as a Fabrik List view. Its "Option" tab is set to use my customized template. This all works fine. When you click the menu item, it's my Fabrik list with the proper template. The problem is when you click on one of the records in this list view to edit the record. The form loads with the default Fabrik template. I have this form configured to only use my customized form template though.

It seems to have something to do with the Main Menu Itemid. If I change that forms Itemid (in the url) to literally anything other than the List views id, it loads my correct form template...

Why is the form forcing the default template only when clicking on one of the list view records? Is there some option on the menu item that i'm missing?

Ah! Setting it in the list menu item to use the " - Use Default - " template option did seem to correct this issue. Weird, maybe this is a bug?

I had that option set to use my own template and it was forcing the /default/ form template on any of the list rows you clicked.

After a quick little test, it looks like this issue here will arise due to the list template and form templates being in differently named directories.

My list template was in a directory called /show_dates/ and the form template was in a directory called /show-form/. I renamed the form template directory to /show_dates/ and changed the menu items template to be my custom list view template and the forms were using the correct template.

I guess that makes sense. How else would the list view know what form template to be using by default. Similarly named directories! haha

Hmmm. The form template should be entirely independent from the template of the list that calls the form.

But thinking about the process of how we determine the template, I can see that the Itemid might be an issue.

I'll look in to this.

Meanwhile, if having the directories / templates named the same works, I can assume that you have a work around?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back