Front-end Select list not loading

Everything does indeed seem to be fixed, many thanks!

However, a new bug has appeared. When you add a repeated group with the auto-fill element, it pre-populates it with the last item in the list. So for the food example, I automatically get "Yorkshire pudding, made with whole milk" every time I add a repeated element.

You can see this in action on this page: /tools/databases/food-list/form/17/0

Thanks for looking into i! :)

Another thing I have noticed is that the Select popup box doesn't have any style associated with it when loaded from the menu item (/tools/databases/exercise-list/form/18/0) but does when loaded from a module (/tools).

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks again!

I have just upgraded to the latest version of Fabrik from github and the select box styling issue has been fixed, thanks very much!

The last remaining bug is the repeated group automatically adding the last item from the Select list as described in the post at the top of this page.

Many thanks!

I have just upgraded from github again today and the "new repeated group automatically adds last item" issue is still a problem.

I have restructured the menu a bit so you can now see the problem on the diabetes site here:

/self-monitoring/food-nutrition/add-new

Let me know if I can do anything to help, this is the last issue I have found regarding the select list.

Many thanks! :)

OK, I've found one more small styling issue. On the same page, if you start typing into food, the auto-complete looks great. Now if you click on the select list icon, then close the window and start typing again, the auto-complete colours have changed and it is hard to read the results.

Thanks again!

When you add a repeated group with the auto-fill element, it pre-populates it with the last item in the list.

I think this is the same issue I am having. I have a dbjoin element rendered as autocomplete that is within a repeated group. Whenever a new group is added in the form, the element is pre-filled with the last entry in the list it is linked to.

I have a dbjoin element rendered as autocomplete that is within a repeated group. Whenever a new group is added in the form, the element is pre-filled with the last entry in the list it is linked to.
Yes, this is exactly it! A strange bug but definitely an issue that needs resolving.

I hope we can find a solution to this soon ???

I think this is the same issue I am having. I have a dbjoin element rendered as autocomplete that is within a repeated group. Whenever a new group is added in the form, the element is pre-filled with the last entry in the list it is linked to.
Hi I tested with today's github and can't replicate. I seem to remembre fixing something along these lines fairly recently.

Hi I tested with today's github and can't replicate. I seem to remember fixing something along these lines fairly recently.

Thanks for looking into this. I have just upgraded to the latest version from GitHub but unfortunately the problem still exists. You can see it on this page on the diabetes site:

/self-monitoring/food-nutrition/add-new

The access details are in the PM I sent you on 05-09-2012 with the same name as this thread.

Thank for looking back into it... :)

Can you test latest github? I think I've fixed this.

Also note I've added a new option (under Advanced) for autocomplete joins, so you can specify whether we return all rows containing the string, or only those starting with it.

I did this 'cos I test autocompletes with a table of all US cities, so typing E ends up fetching a JSON response with about 20,000 entries.

-- hugh

The problem seems to have got worse. I now cant add anything except the last item when using the front end select. It was usable before but now the last item is select whichever one you click on. You can see this on the diabetes site here:

/self-monitoring/food-nutrition/summary

I hope you are able to find a solution soon.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back