Git Update broke Element Validations - object Object

mygunfriday

Updated from GitHub master and ran the post steps. Now all my existing validations in many elements are displaying as 'object Object' and I can't save the element.

I've tried a couple versions from Github with no luck. Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

- Jeremy

Attachments

• object-object error2.png
    object-object error2.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 262
Hmmm, I'm unable to replicate this.

Can you try re-uploading the latest github? It's possible you may have gotten a short lived copy of github which had a bug in it which has subsequently been fixed.

Make sure you upload EVERYTHING, and don't rely on your ftp client's "Only update if newer" feature.

-- hugh

are you using Fabrik 3 or 3.1? There were some changes to the validations in 3.1 this week, that's why I'm wondering

Hi Hugh and Rob,

Okay, I did an update of the individual files via FTP with overwrite on for all files. Same error persists.

Rob, I'm using Fabrik 3.0 on Joomla 2.5.9.

Could it be something with the server setup? I'm on a shared server with Liquidweb...

Edit: Just realized that this error is different and gives some info "Fatal error: Call to a member function getJForm() on a non-object in /home/carladyu/public_html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/plugin.php on line 40"

I'm sure this will mean more to you guys than it does to me...

Attachments

• validation glitch remains.png
    validation glitch remains.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 235
To make my last post a little clearer, check your file:

./administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/form.php

... and see if it starts with:

PHP:
if(class_exists('JForm') != true) {

... and if so, you'll need to grab the latest github ZIP and re upload.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Looking at the file, I don't see that.
(I'm glad you made it simple with the second post, I had no idea what to do from the earlier one - thanks for that...)

However, if this is the test for the problem, it doesn't seem to fit. Running a Fabrik update just now produces the same error.

As far as I can tell, I have the latest github zip (from this link: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/)

I have a working Fabrik installation in my site but I think it's from December 17. Under Extension manager:Manage, it says it's Version 3.0.7 with creation date ${createdate} beside all the Fabrik Extensions.
However, my Fabrik Git folder has this file labelled Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.6.3-541-g10ae648.zip - I think this is the version that is running fairly well in my site. Every time I've tried to update, it has caused this error.

Not sure if that info might help.

I thought overwriting all the Fabrik Files should just give me the same Fabrik installation as anyone else??? Why would it be different? Also, I've tried updating on my test server and on my local server with the same results...

Anyway, your suggestions are much appreciated, but I feel stuck in this older Fabrik version now... I just don't want to lose the tables, forms and elements I've created since December...

do you have any other none core joomla components / plugins installed? Its definately something in your set up that is clashing with our code, but I've no idea what

Hi Rob,

Not much. I have Akeeba Backup and Admin Tools. And I just the other day installed Sourcerer - but the problem existed before installing this.

Any of these possibly the problem?

Thanks for getting back quickly Rob.

I've added ftp and admin login data at the link you provided.
Thanks in advance for helping with this!

How do I send a donation for your time on this?

- Jeremy

Note: The site that is up has the Fabrik installed from around Dec. 17/12. Every time I update is when the problem occurs. I've taken a backup of the site and left a copy in the akeeba backup folder. Let me know if you want me to update Fabrik or whatever would help. (Every time fabrik fails to update I've reverted to the backup copy...)

OK, so the version on that site right now is an old one that doesn't exhibit this symptom? I'm logged in right now, viewing the element you posted a screenshot of, and it displays the validation OK.

So, if this is an old version, is it OK if I ftp up the latest github?

I presume you are backing your database up regularly?

-- hugh

Darn it, I missed your reply on Fri night. I had to head out at 10pm anyway.

OK, I'll take another look now.

-- hugh

Hey Hugh,

I figured you missed it - I caught the email off the site and started the backup. Next time just do your thing - the site is NOT live, so I would just lose minor changes if I forgot to backup - which would be my own damn fault.

Go ahead with updates or whatever you need. I'll always leave at least one backup in the akeeba backups if you need to re-install OR just ask me and I'll back it up. I'm usually on it right away unless I'm sleeping...

- Jeremy

This one managed to drop off my radar again. Making my first pot of coffee for the day, then I'll get back on it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back