Group setting "Show Group" = "Always show as read only" has no effect

Boschung

I created a form with multiple groups. One of them i use to select a certain device that i want to display information about. The form uses an autofill plugin. The other groups i use to diplay the related information contain various elements like "text fields", "database joins" redered as dropdown, and "yesno". For those groups i set "Show group" to "Always show as read only" but their elements are always shown editable. Please excuse my poor english.

I have installed the githup update that you provided on Friday and did some testing with that group setting "Always show as read only". The group is shown as read only indeed but i have experienced another problem. DatabaseJoin elements that are contained in that group and are rendered as drop down are not shown correctly. They are shown like this:

Element-Label: 1

That means that all the values of every item in the dropdown list are shown instead of the particular label that is associated to the value that is stored in the database field.

I have done some additional testing with the latest patch from github and found that it got something to do with the autofill form plugin. If i access the form with Firefox by using the parameter rowid=XX then the dropdown fields are displayed correctly. If i use the autofill functionlity in the form to display the same record then i got that strange behavior.

I have several autofill's which have join elements in them, they work OK for me, so it's probably something site specific, so I'd have to see the page.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back