Guidance before i use Fabrik

gresham

Hello,

I'm looking to build Clinical Trial site with some specific requirements.

I have had a look at Project fork which does almost everything that I need however there are a few things missing. I did contact Tobais(Projectfork) and he suggested I check with this amazing team :)

Essentially I want a basic version of openclinica which is an amazing opensource product.

This is the requirement:
An admin user can create a workflow of tasks or forms to complete during a specified cycle of X days. In this workflow there would be tasks that need to be approved by some "admin" user before the normal user can proceed with the next task or form.

The user will be able to add a patient to the workflow and once the patient is assigned to that workflow there will be tasks at different intervals that would need to be performed by a doctor for that patient.

E.g. When John is assigned a Flu trial, the project is expected to run for 60 days. During this time there will be tasks and milestones that the doctor would need to perform. Patients can join the trial at any time and it would take them 60 days (X days depending on the type of trial) to complete, relative to when they joined. Some of these tasks must be approved by a user/manager and then only the doctor can proceed with the next task. The tasks must also be days driven and not by dates. Meaning each task will be x days long and not have a start or end date.

I also need a calendar view of the tasks that are due for that day.

Any help or direction would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

This is a bit more info:

I'd like to firstly build a workflow like the following:

Step 1 assign a patient to a trial and capture their personal details.
Step 2 send the patient for blood tests
Step 3 Wait 3 days after Step 2 and Provide the patient the test drug
Step 4 Send request to "administrator / Manager" to approve continuation to next step
Step 5 Manager Approves continuation of treatment
Step 6 Wait 5 days and administer next drug
Step 7 ...
Step 8 ...
Step 9 Completed

The total duration of the above steps might be 10 days so this would be considered the workflow or Steps that the administrating doctor must follow.

Now once the above has been created, then a patient can join the above workflow at any time and based on the workflow they will enter and exit at unspecified dates (meaning yes there is a start and end date but its based on the number of days that the workflow has and when the patient enters the trial). Multiple patients can join the same trial at different times. So there is no hard start and end date, its all relative to when a patient joins.

I did find a few other possibilities, one is to use a task management tool like JIRA (Commercial software to create/track/assign workflows) but i was looking for a more lightweight method.

Thus would probably be possible, but it would involve a certain amount of custom code, and would not be entirely easy. Not something I would recommend as someone's first Fabrik project, simply because of the subject matter. A bug in the workflow could have serious consequences.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If you find it doesn't meet your needs, come back and talk to us.

Your requirements aren't that complex, and Fabrik could do it with a little custom code here and there (actually, I think we could do everything you need out-of-box, but there might be a few lines of code for things like the time driven emails) but I'm just nervous you about doing something as "real world" as clinical trials as a first time Fabrik project.

However, if you can't find another fit, and are prepared to do this as a custom job, so I or someone else work with you on a consultancy basis to build the app, we could work something out.

-- hugh

Awesome that sounds like a plan, yes I am willing to look at some custom development. Let me have a look at processmaker and if that is not suited either I would prefer customizing Fabrik/Joomla rather than development on an entirely different ecosystem for the app. My users are already used to using Joomla.

Thanks Cheesegrits, really appreciate the info and help

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back