Having visualization only load data from certain elements

dewebkrant

Tried to work this out but did not manage sofar. Have a list (list 1) with 91 elements (questions). Till sofar, more than 700 interviews have been submitted. Want to show certain outcomes in a googlemap. Managed to do so but have server issues (504 bad gateway - timeouts etc.) because the system just needs too much time to load all the elements from all the 700 rows and filter them for output on the map. But I need only 4 elements to be loaded (id, name, geocode, ranking). Joomla debug shows that all 91 elements are loaded.
I made an extra list (list 2) and copied the 4 elements to this extra list - so I though, these elements correspond and when info is filled in an element on list 1, the data is at the same time entered in list 2. Now changed the map visualization to read the data from list 2 but no data is shown which is quiet normal as list 2 does not have any data entered.
But how to have the data entered in the 4 elements from list 1, automatically be submitted to the 4 elements on list 2? Or should I use an other system to have only 4 elements loaded in the map visualization?
Hope someone can help me out,
thanks for your great system!
Kind regards, Meindert

Don't make "an extra list (list 2)" but copy your list 1 to list3. This will give you a set list/form/group/elements linked to the same DB table.
Disable all elements you don't need and use list3 in the viz.

Rather than create a new list, copy the original one (select it in the main lists tab, hit the Copy button). That will create a complete new collect of list / form / group(s) / elements, which can be independently configured, but sit on the same table. It'll ask you if you want to rename the list, form and groups when you copy, usually best to give them new names to you can distinguish them on menus.

Then unpublish all the elements you don't need, and use that for the viz.

Be careful about "trashing" anything from a copy of a list. You can, but never say "Yes" to dropping the database field, as that will actually remove that column from the table. So usually best to just unpublish stuff you don't need.

-- hugh

Thanks o lot for your quick replies. I managed myself in the meantime by adding a new list and selecting under "data" the same table as list 1. Effect seems to be the same as copying the list: 91 elements with unique ID are created and added to the newly created list. After this I trashed the 85 of them and tested the result. I did this in a test environment: 91 elements, 24 rows (submitted forms). Joomla Debug mode show 41,4 MB memory use in loading list 1 in google map visualization and 30MB loading list 3 while the same output is produced. Will test this on the original application having more than 700 entries and which had a memory load of 80MB. Thanks a lot!

Ok, tested in the live application and used your method: copying the list and de-publishing all elements which I do not need for visualization. (Great idea, I can use the elements for visualization later). Tested first with list 1, result is Gateway timeout 504 - Have visualization read from list 1 Copy (8 elements) and after a few seconds the map is loaded. Memory usage 48,7 MB and a lot of
Time: 0.0 ms / 11239.4 ms Memory: 0.002 MB / 36.72 MB Application: runPlugins: end: onCanEdit
Time: 0.1 ms / 11239.5 ms Memory: 0.001 MB / 36.72 MB Application: runPlugins: start: onCanSelectRow
Time: 0.0 ms / 11239.5 ms Memory: 0.002 MB / 36.73 MB Application: runPlugins: end: onCanSelectRow
Time: 0.0 ms / 11239.6 ms Memory: 0.001 MB / 36.73 MB Application: runPlugins: start: onCanDelete
Memory usage is very low for this instances but would like to have this not happening when loading the visualization. The list nor the form has any "caneditrow" plugins activated. So this will have to do with the access settings of the list. Think I need to leave it that way.
Thanks again for helping me out and for your great system.

Yeah, the runPlugins is going to show in the profile, regardless of whether you have any plugins configured. That's just showing where our ACL code is kicking off runPugins, which is our main plugin method that handles finding and running any configured plugins on the specified hook. But as you can see it's taing 0.0ms to run.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back