Helix Ultimate vs Helix 3 templates

jo-ka

Hello.
Using J!4 with Helix Ultimate, the list action buttons are displayed correctly but, when using Helix 3, which is also available for J!4, the list action buttons are rendered with the labels along side the icons.

Inspecting the code, on both templates, the class="hidden" is on the code, but it looks like the Helix 3 template is not respecting it.

I'm not an expert with CSS, I'm sorry. Is there a way to overcome this? I have some sites using J!3 with Helix3 template, and I was trying not to have much working, changing this.

Thanks in advance.

upload_2023-2-17_9-35-26.png

upload_2023-2-17_9-29-45.png

upload_2023-2-17_9-34-27.png

Some progress:

Helix3 is coming with it's own bootstrap.min.js which obviously conflicts with J!/F4.

It's not only the list actions dropdowns not working but also the list button with dropdown (CSV etc).

If I remove \templates\shaper_helix3\js\bootstrap.min.js
the dropdowns are working again.
But not sure if this will break something else in the template.

The same if I remove templates\shaper_helixultimate\js\bootstrap.bundle.min.js

Some progress:

Helix3 is coming with it's own bootstrap.min.js which obviously conflicts with J!/F4.

It's not only the list actions dropdowns not working but also the list button with dropdown (CSV etc).

If I remove \templates\shaper_helix3\js\bootstrap.min.js
the dropdowns are working again.
But not sure if this will break something else in the template.

The same if I remove templates\shaper_helixultimate\js\bootstrap.bundle.min.js

@troester , yes I can confirm, that deleting or renaming the file, makes the menu work again.
But, still the popup get's under the main frame. Same behavior with default Cassiopeia, theme, so probably something to work on... :p

Thanks for your help.
upload_2023-2-17_18-57-19.png

@jo-ka, please consider reporting such issues, where a Joomla frontend framework/template is breaking things that are working in Cassiopeia, back to the template developer, in this case Joomshaper.

They must have an interest in fixing such things at their end, or other 3rd-party extensions might suffer from this as well. Obviously, it's not practical, but rather impossible, for extension devs to create exceptions for the various frameworks and templates out there.

@jo-ka, please consider reporting such issues, where a Joomla frontend framework/template is breaking things that are working in Cassiopeia, back to the template developer, in this case Joomshaper.

They must have an interest in fixing such things at their end, or other 3rd-party extensions might suffer from this as well. Obviously, it's not practical, but rather impossible, for extension devs to create exceptions for the various frameworks and templates out there.

@lousyfool , yes, you're absolutely right. I'll try to report it on their own support forums.

But, I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge, in this example, where the dropdown popup displays under ther list frame, isn't this an issue with the list component? Because it happens with Cassiopeia, Helix templates and also Gantry framework?

Many thanks, many thanks to you all, who had the guts and dedication to go forward with this project.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back