Help needed with Custom Edit URL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I figured how to select a record in a list and then switch to another list but I cannot the syntax right ( i tracked down some examples in the forum)

I am sitting in a list (id= 9) and want to select a record and then switch to another list [id = 8] but pass a value to for pre-filtering THAT list.

The field I want to send the value of is {tender_id}

I changed the Custom Edit URL to:

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=table&tableid=8&resetfilters=1

and the Edit Label to "Invite Vendors"

I now get an error:
500 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: table, html, fabrikView

Question is:
1. What SHOULD the custom url be?
2. How to I include the {tender_id} to the next List 8
3. Once (if ever) the new list comes up how do I use the Value/Variable I "received" in the prefilter of List 8
4. Can I use that value in settting a default value if I now add records in List 8

view=table&tableid=8
This is Fabrik2 syntax
Fabrik3:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=8&your-full-element-name-you-want-to-filter-on={full-element-name-of___tender_id_raw}

if tender_id is the id element of your list 9 you can use {rowid}, too

Hi Troester, thanks

I now get to the linked list but the filter does not work. The invitees list keeps on only showing the tender1's records even if I select tennder 2.

Do I have to do anything on the invitees prefilter or does the link do it? If not how do I refer to the "receiveing" variable/value "tender_id" ?

ALSO

If I now want to add records here and want to default the tender_id field to the "receiving" value, is here a way to do that?

Just a question/explanation required so I can understand, (sorry to be a pain) ...
in the
&you r-full-element-name-you-want-to-filter-on={full-element-name-of___tender_id_raw}

Is the "you r-full-element-name-you-want-to-filter-on: the list_element that you are sending the value to?

#### ANOTHER THING ####
is there a way to now an easy way to return to the tender list once I have updated any records

Is the "you r-full-element-name-you-want-to-filter-on: the list_element that you are sending the value to?
Yes

Return: in your form you can add a redirect plugin and define the jump URL you want to return to after submit.

Hi Troester,

Still the filter issue, showing incorrect Tender's detail (tender 1) regardless of which tender I select

My Link URL Reads:

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=8&tender_invitees___tender_id={tenders_register___id_raw}

The URL when it land reads
http://databook.co.za/lptenders/ind...der_invitees___tender_id=1&rowid=1&Itemid=141

Although the tender_invitees___tender_id=1

The tender_id is filtered for 2?

I there anything I must add to "trigger" the filter or what could be wrong do you think

## I THINK IMPORT CLUE ##

In the tender invitation list that I end up I just noticed a "Search" block at the top of the rows and it specifies by default now

tender id 1

I tried to find of there is any defaults or what ever but I cannot see anything I have done or stuck this in. I think that this is what causes the "filter" to stick to tender_id 1

HELPPPPPPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back