Hide Viz Heading

hi black.be3,

what visualization is it?

i just had a look at a calendar visualization page i have set up and it doesn't look like it in menu options or visualization parameters, but i was trying to figure out how to add this as a parameter ie either define a title for your visualization page, or if the field is left blank have no title.

this concept of having a field where you could define a value or if left blank no value would show on front end was done with the birthday plugin and i was trying to apply the same logic to the calendar visualization.

my attempts started here.

I'm using fusionchart viz, and i can't find any parameter that related to hide heading/title like on list parameter.
My simplest way is to create custom template for viz with no heading text.
Located on "plugins\fabrik_visualization\fusionchart\views\fusionchart\tmpl"

can you leave visualization label blank (you can do this on calendar visualization)?

I could have sworn I'd added that feature back in to the FusionCharts viz (I remember adding it to the f2 version).

I'll go and do that now.

-- hugh

I could have sworn I'd added that feature back in to the FusionCharts viz (I remember adding it to the f2 version).

I'll go and do that now.

-- hugh

OK, I had added it back. There still isn't a specific "Show title" setting in the viz params on the backend, but the Fusion Charts view does check for a show-title query string or plugin arg.

So if you add show-title=0 to your plugin ...

{fabrik view=visualization .... show-title=0}

... that should suppress rendering of the label.

Or you can add &show-title=0 to your URL.

Can you guys test this and confirm it works for you? Works for me. At some point I might add an actual viz param on the backend, but for now you should be able to control it with the QS or plugin param.

-- hugh

can this easily be applied to a menu item that links to a fusion charts visualization?

or should i just link to an article that runs the plugin code {fabrik view=visualization .... show-title=0} in it?

thank you!

i ended up just calling visualization in an article using the plugin code.

i also found that there was a lot of space above the chart and so attempted to replicate the show-title scenario above by replacing:
Code:
<br/>

<p><?php echo $row->intro_text;?></p>
with:
Code:
<?php if ($this->showIntroText) {?>

<br/>

<p><?php echo $row->intro_text;?></p>

<?php }?>
in /public_html/plugins/fabrik_visualization/fusionchart/views/fusionchart/tmpl/default/default.php

and replacing:
Code:
$this->assign('showTitle', JRequest::getInt('show-title', 1));
with:
Code:
$this->assign('showTitle', JRequest::getInt('show-title', 1));

$this->assign('showIntroText', JRequest::getInt('show-introtext', 1));
in /public_html/plugins/fabrik_visualization/fusionchart/views/fusionchart/view.html.php

and then referencing this in plugin code in article like:

{fabrik view=visualization id=3 show-title=0 show-introtext=0}

i'm not sure if this is correct but it seems to work!

you're welcome, i still have quite a bit of area at the top of my chart but i think it is a joomla template issue, but if you find any extra ways to reduce space at the top, please let me know, thanks!

for to not start new thread:
Guys, can somebody tell me, why in my charts i have huge right margin? Seems that it reserved for legend, but i am not using it. Is possible to use maximal width for the chart?
p.s. all margin settings=0

Hi!

Fusionchart, version "default" (it's weird but options free 2.2 and pro 3.0 gives an eror for me) chart type - MSLine ot Bar2D
Thnx!

ps and maybe a screenshot of your chart would help troubleshoot the issue if possible.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back