Horrible Problem - front end editing has disappeared.

I am displaying a filtered list of members in the front end. The buttons to edit a line have disappeared. However, the back end edit works.
One clue may be that I had tried to join that list (in another list) with another list.

Check "Render buttons as" setting in list "Links".

It seems there is a bug in the default handling: it has been "Inline", now it is "Floating", but "Floating" buttons are only shown if there's a checkbox (so user has delete access or a list plugin)
Setting your list buttons explicitly to "Inline" should help.

Reverting to a previous backup was the only help. INLINE does NOT help. I am going to create test site and simply apply GITHUB to it to determine if that is the issue. I will use the github from yesterday morning.

The test confirmed that the GITHUB from yesterday was faulty. Not even switching to inline would solve the problem. When I switched to inline, the check box disappeared and the buttons did not appear. I am blowing things away and reverting to my backup now.

I seem to be unable to duplicate this, other than the issue with the inline / floating default getting changed. But as this little video shows, if I set it to floating, even a row without edit access and no list plugins still shows a checkbox:

http://screencast.com/t/ZSdODedzy1

Under what circumstances are you seeing no checkbox, in floating mode?

-- hugh

The problem seems to resolve to not being able to get the check boxes at the beginning of the line (important lists with lots of fields). After clearing cache, the issue seemed to stabilize. Essentially, disappears if you are trying to get the inline boxes at the beginning of the line.

@troester - I couldn't replicate what you reporterd, I replied on the github ticket

@jciconsult - again I couldn't replicate the issue can you point us at the page and PM me a login to your site?
tx
Rob

I am going to create a test site for you later this morning and will PM you with an account and two issues. I wouldn't mind you working in the main site but it is operational and under heavy use today.

@jcuiconsult - odd I can the issue, but can't replicate here. Can you PM me an ftp account as well please, I will have to delve a little deeper into the code to see what is triggering this

-Rob

hi yes I got the PM, and I thought I'd replied, sorry!

You didn't send an ftp account, which I would need to be able to debug the issue.
Could you send me that please?

thx
Rob

hi

Both of the issues should be fixed now in github
For reference the list was not showing the checkbox due to a bug which occurred when the menu item set which elements to show in the list.

The CSV export issue was due to the fact we were not passing in the complete filter data into the view so the filters were not applied and thus no data selected.

-Rob

Thanks, I will load the latest git to a different test site and confirm things.
I can leave that testver3 version around if it would help for other testing.

CSV includes links to buttons

See attached CSV. This was generated using the latest GITHUB downloaded about 20 minutes ago

Attachments

• test_csv.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 185
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back