how to be informed through mails

gapper

Hi,
I have two forms: "sell a lesson" and "book a lesson". "Book a lesson" is related to "sell a lesson".
After that students subscribe "book a lesson", the teacher should receive a mail because his lesson was booked. How can I realize that?
Please could this information kind be given by standard support?

By assuming that the tables names are the same of the form names and that each of the 2 forms has an user element named "user", in your opinion could I write: {sell_a_lesson___user} in "Email to" field (in the Email form plugin settings) and "Book_a_lesson___user" in "From" field (in the Email form plugin settings)?

The table name is the actual name of the mySQL table your list/form is based on.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/placeholders/

I can't really comment on how to set this up as I mentioned before. But your approach sounds like it would work as placeholders are pretty much available throughout Fabrik. Try it!

Of course it is always a good idea to backup regularly and do your development/testing separate from your live site.

Thanks for the link. It is very interesting. There are really a lot of attempts I can do and there are some chances that none of them will achieve my aim because I would need something else over placeholders in order to send an email to the correspondent teacher (example above).
Thank you very much for your answer and for the links. They have been very precious for me. I am trying to search in the forum if someone else had previosly my same issue.

I have found no useful previous thread to solve this one. Please someone who already used this plugin and had my same need?

If you are in "book a lesson" form you can access the "book a lesson" fields via placeholders.
So you can put {Book_a_lesson___user} in "From" field but you don't have a {sell_a_lesson___user} placeholder in this form (assuming you did't join the lists).
"Book a lesson" is related to "sell a lesson".
How?
The email form plugin has a field "email to" (eval), here you can put PHP code to fetch the teacher's email address using the "relation".

I have used the related data to relate "book a lesson" to "Sell a lesson".
Please let me know if my answer is pertinent to your question

Do you not have a join element on 'buy a lesson' which references the row you are responding to on the 'buy a lesson' list?

If not, then there's no way you can find the row you need.

-- hugh

Yes, I have a databasejoin element (in Buy a lesson table) with value: id and label: lesson which references to the table "sell_a_lesson"

OK, so I'm assuming you must have a join element pointing from buy to sell, otherwise related data wouldn't work.

So whatever the name of that join element is on the buy form, will hold the id of the 'parent' sell.

Is the email you want held on the 'buy' table, or is it in some other table of seller contacts, with a join from 'sell' to 'contacts'?

-- hugh

The seller email is into the Sell a lesson form and the buyer email is into the 'Buy' table. Both of them are actually field elements.

[External from this thread: I would like to let appear automatically the email typed from contacts form in the 'Buy' and 'Sell' form, but the autofill plugin doesn't update the email typed from contacts form in 'Buy' and 'Sell' forms. I would need an element which shows the content of a field from a form (contacts form) to a field in another form ('Sell' or 'Buy' forms). This element should allow to update automatically the field (email field in this case) in 'Buy' and 'Sell' forms when the contacts form is updated. This element should allow users eventually to change the email showed in 'Buy and 'Sell' form automatically copied from contacts form. What is the best join element to realize that?]

I'm a little confused.

Isn't this the same project we just spent 6 hours in live chat and the Pro forums, establishing your requirements, and then explaining in detail why Fabrik is not a fit, and simply can't do what you are trying to do? And we refunded your Pro subscription, giving you those 6 hours of one-on-one support for free, on the mutual understanding that we can't support you on this project?

I don't mean to be an ass, but nothing has changed. Fabrik / we still can't do what you want to do. Fabrik simply wasn't designed to implement projects as complex as yours.

To answer your "external from this thread" question. You would need to write some custom code to achieve that, probably in a form submission plugin, or completely redesign your table structure, and even then I think you would run in to problems.

-- hugh

I think as you that my project is very complex, so I am making it the simplest I can.
About the "external "question", I have seen the tutorial about autofill plugin and it is perfect.

The answer to your post #14 is that the email is available in a contact form too through the autofill plugin (no databasejoin element).
Please how can I let receive a mail?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back