• Add a plugin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only works with adding a new record

• The User element is not editable

• Total voters

marozen

At the user-element the UserID is safed, which is great, but how to safe and display the user's name?

At the backend I set "Not Hidden" and I select "Name" as User Data and Use Social Profile on "Yes".

Now when I try to display the name on a template I see that only the userID was safed (see attachment)

Attachments

• UserID and UserName.png
    UserID and UserName.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 74
The user element will always store the ID, and just display whatever you select as the 'label' of the join (a user element is just an extension of the join element).

The only situation in which it will only ever show the ID, and not the selected attribute line name, is if the Fabrik data table the user element is on, is on a different database connection to J!. This is because we don't support cross database joins.

-- hugh

Ah yes, that must be the reason, because the user is from the Joomla database and the Fabrik tables from another one.

Yup, that'll be the issue.

So you can still use the user element for things like ACL purposes (using it to, say, pre-filter lists by {$my->id}), as it'll happily store the actual ID in that field, but you won't be able to display the name, username, etc in list or form view.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back